Ribble ..and I thought thing had changed

pingpong
pingpong Posts: 97
edited April 2008 in The bottom bracket
I really thought Ribble cycles had booked thier ideas up, but I was wrong...short story.
1.placed order last week am on the 20th(ok I know it was easter)
2.Checked my account on wednesday.."Order being picked"
3. e-mailed straight away to cancel order, only to get standard reply "order as been shipped"
4.Visited parents home on thursday to find order there
5.This morning I recieve e- mail stateing that my order had been shipped.
Right hand not knowing what the left one is doing comes to mind. Needless to say I will not bother with them in the future....perhaps we take service like this for granted in this country, who knows? :?:

Comments

• andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,104
    Eh? What is your problem exactly?
  • I've only used them once (recently) but was very impressed. Order placed at 4.30 pm, was there when I got home from work the next day :D
    Cycling - The pastime of spending large sums of money you don't really have on something you don't really need.
  • el_presidente
    el_presidente Posts: 1,963
    Delivered within 48 working hrs

seems fair enough to me
    <a>road</a>
  • pingpong
    pingpong Posts: 97
    to be honest, been given wrong information, delivery to wrong adress, it all seems a bit slapdash to me. Ok to some one else it may be trivial (and I know it' not the end of the world) but these companies are quick to advertise thier products, the least they can do is offer a half descent service
  • Hell of a coincidence that of all the wrong addresses to pick they picked your grans. Had you done some red wine fueled purchasing :lol::wink:
    Cycling - The pastime of spending large sums of money you don't really have on something you don't really need.
  • i've had two recent experiences. one was for shoes, cleats, bar tape and free wheel covers, it was sent via parcelforce and i was able to track its progress online. more recently, some folding tyres. i too saw the "in picking" thing, and rang to check that the tyres were in stock. i was assured they were, and that the order would arrive soon. it had already been delivered by royal mail. slightly confusing, but better than they used to be.
    riding on my bicycle, i saw a motorcrash…
  • Roger_This
    Roger_This Posts: 136
    I don't get it.

Was the service too slow? Too fast? Did you change your mind but they'd already dispatched it?

How did they get your parents address?

:?
  • For me Ribble always been fast, accurate, no fuss.....seems like your mistake inputting and selecting addresses rather than theirs - not a good reason to bad-mouth them in open forum .....
    Briceyinstockport
  • peanut
    peanut Posts: 1,373
    looks like they have improved out of sight recently. Their website is one of the best on the net imo and their pricing is very competitive.
    Offering a good quality alu winter trainer frame for £110 squids then throwing in a free carbon fork is very smart marketing. If you go to Ribble and buy their frameset where are you gonna order your equipment from to build said bike ?!... :D

My neighbour ordered a frameset last week we are both impressed with the quality and service. :wink:
  • TheBoyBilly
    TheBoyBilly Posts: 749
    This one's lost on me too. To my mind Ribble did very well to get the order delivered so fast over Easter. No cause for complaint there. As for the wrong delivery address that has to be your fault. Do you not order online much?
    To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity - Oscar Wilde
  • nickwill
    nickwill Posts: 2,735
    i've had two recent experiences. one was for shoes, cleats, bar tape and free wheel covers, it was sent via parcelforce and i was able to track its progress online. more recently, some folding tyres. i too saw the "in picking" thing, and rang to check that the tyres were in stock. i was assured they were, and that the order would arrive soon. it had already been delivered by royal mail. slightly confusing, but better than they used to be.

I just bought some bargain priced Assos shorts. After 2 days the site showed 'in picking', so I rang to query if all was ok with the order. As above they told me that they had been dispatched. They arrived next day. Just a slightly quirky system, but great service, rapid delivery and a real bargain.
    I get the impression that they've really got their act together. :)
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    Depending on the price of your order sometimes companies send items to the "billing address". I'm still at uni so I move around every year, so rather than keep changing my details with the bank I just keep the billing address as my parents' house, have you done the same?

Some companies will only send stuff to the billing address (especially if it's over a certain amount).

I've never had a problem with Ribble, think I'm going to get a winter frame from there to replace my heavy weight halfords frame.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • gjh0702
    gjh0702 Posts: 52
    I am the 'nightmare' customer VERY high standards and VERY quick to complain , but also to praise.
    Submitted order for new Helmet via Ribble Easter Monday, got it Wednesday - i.e next working day + cheapest price on net . What more can I ask for ? :lol:
  • I posted a question about ribble a couple of weeks ago (having heard dodgy things in the past) and based on the experience and recommendations of the replies, I decided to give them a go.

Ordered a couple of tyres and tubes, on Good Friday, + some other stuff from wiggle, they were all in my hands by wednesday = ribble and wiggle both delivered VERY quickly.

The order status still said "In Picking" after I had received the goods but who cares? - incidentally, Evans have delivered stuff to me when the online status was still in picking too so even the big boys arent perfect.

Anyway - ribble are VERY cost competetive and they clearly have to keep their own costs down to remain so - I think a little inefficiency in their systems is a reasonable price to pay for £20 Pro 3 races myself and I will happily use them again!
  • redddraggon
    My faith in Ribble has been destroyed.

I ordered some Ergos, a Chainset and a BB to go with it. I receive an email today saying they had dispatched the order.

But guess what, they're out of stock of the chainset.....but they failed to tell me before dispatching my order, but they still sent the BB.

Don't they have any common sense? If they had contacted me I probably would selected another C/set.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • Adamskii
    Adamskii Posts: 267
    I ordered a shimano chainset last year and they sent me one crank arm as octolink (as requested) and one as square tapered! I ordered an octolink BB as well so it was quite obvious they were meant to go together! I did laugh but people do make mistakes.

Recently they've been very good though. Fast delivery and some of the cheapest prices around.
    It's all good.
  • redddraggon
    Adamskii wrote:
    Recently they've been very good though. Fast delivery and some of the cheapest prices around.

I'd normally agree with the Fast delivery, during new year I ordered a set of wheels and got them next day.

But this time I ordered a few things on Monday, and just one of the orders has been marked as dispatched so far....
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr