The Apprentice

Harry B
Harry B Posts: 1,239
edited March 2008 in The bottom bracket
Did you see it? I missed the programme but saw bits of the BBC2 programme shown afterwards.

Nicolas "de-Lacy" Brown, what a complete pratt :shock: There's a link to his website on this site:

http://www.rollonfriday.com/

Give it a try if you've got 5 minutes. It's hilarious :lol:

And who was that other stuck up moron with the strange hair do?

Memo to self: Must make more effort to watch/record the Apprentice next week

Comments

• Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    Harry B wrote:
    Nicolas "de-Lacy" Brown, what a complete pratt
    Ooooiiiiiiiii - Aviator shades went out of fashion right after "Top Gun" - you have been told! :lol:

His tack when faced with The Sugar in the boardroom was to point out:
    1. He had a degree (doooh - Sugar is famous for hating people who think a degree puts them above anyone else)
    2. He hates football (dooooh - didn't Mr Sugar own a Sunday league side once?)
    3. Pricing lobsters at £5 each didn't seem odd to him, even though he's probably eaten a few in some posh eaterie before now at £35 for half of one of the little blighters!

He had to go!
  • suze
    suze Posts: 302
    Why? :?
    �3 grand bike...30 Bob legs....Slowing with style
  • suze
    suze Posts: 302
    �3 grand bike...30 Bob legs....Slowing with style
  • Harry B
    suze wrote:

I suppose it would have been entertaining to leave him in but isn't there still that other toff with the strange hair to provide the ongoing hilarity? (have I spelt that right :? )

Didn't see any of the girls, what were they like?
  • Bronzie
    suze wrote:
    He's a barrister FFS - he couldn't even defend himself in the boardroom, let alone a client.

I don't doubt that his is very intelligent and knowledgeable (he'd have to be to pass the Bar), but the way he came across was sure to raise Sugar's hackles.

He looks like he has a better future as an artist rather than big business judging from the self-portrait he did (he admitted himself that this is his true love).
  • Bronzie
    Harry B wrote:
    Didn't see any of the girls, what were they like?
    Don't know their names yet so apols for the descriptions. As they won the task, you didnt see so much of them but immediate impressions:
    - the "very agressive" Asian woman - very annoying and soon for the chop I think
    - the "best saleswoman in Europe" Irish woman - equally annoying and up herself - I dont think Sir Alan will take to her higher than thou attitude unless she's as good as she says she is
    - the rest kept their heads down for the first week I think
  • Harry B
    Bronzie wrote:
    suze wrote:
    He's a barrister FFS - he couldn't even defend himself in the boardroom, let alone a client.

I don't doubt that his is very intelligent and knowledgeable (he'd have to be to pass the Bar), but the way he came across was sure to raise Sugar's hackles.

He looks like he has a better future as an artist rather than big business judging from the self-portrait he did (he admitted himself that this is his true love).

Re: the 1st point, I did wonder that :shock: But as I understand it he's not a practicing barrister but soon to take up a pupillage (if it's still on offer which I doubt :lol: )

Re: the 2nd point, I'm not sure your strictly correct there. I managed to pass it :?
  • georgee
    georgee Posts: 537
    it TV FFS, why have anyone good on, it would make it dull. it is all about entertaining the lowest common denominator. I met Ambrose last years winner (I work in commercial property) mug, he'd been at Amsprop 6 months and still didn't have any business cards yet.

G
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    Harry B wrote:
    Did you see it? I missed the programme but saw bits of the BBC2 programme shown afterwards.

Nicolas "de-Lacy" Brown, what a complete pratt :shock: There's a link to his website on this site:

I never made it to his site -another heading on rollonfriday was too diverting:-

"Man convicted over fictitious wombat embuggerment"
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • Harry B
    LangerDan wrote:
    Harry B wrote:

I never made it to his site -another heading on rollonfriday was too diverting:-

"Man convicted over fictitious wombat embuggerment"

Yeah, its a great site and comes out each Friday, hence the name
  • OffTheBackAdam
    OffTheBackAdam Posts: 1,869
    The way they're fighting each other already, doesn't bode well for the "Gentlemen"
    I was having a good laugh at some of their supposed job titles.
    "International Car Trader" or something is she? Does that mean she works at her dad's second hand car salesroom, flogging clapped out Mercs to the local pushers?
    Compulsive viewing.
    Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.
  • Bronzie
    :lol: - like the guy from last year who had "several major international companies under his direct control". Turned out he worked out of his bedroom :roll: