Gold medals, world records, British records........

BeaconRuth
BeaconRuth Posts: 2,086
edited April 2008 in Track
All in a days work.

Stupendous.

Ruth

Comments

• andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,069
    Failed haematocrit test, suspicion of doping. Hmmm, what was the comment that if it was too good to be true then it probably was?

I'm partly joking - I just think it's noteworthy that if another nation was as dominant the accusations would be flying thick and fast but because it is Britain, and clearly our sense of fair play wouldn't stoop to cheating, then it''s not commented on.
  • Eddy S
    Eddy S Posts: 1,013
    Do you follow track racing much andyp?

It’s funny because most of the discussions are usually around how every other country would like to model their track programmes around what GB does. When the Australian team was dominant, I don’t remember any accusation or speculation – it was the structure, programme and work ethic that were admired.

So, however far your tongue is planted in your check, this kind of speculation and inappropriate comment belongs in the road race section. 8)

Yes, last night was stupendous and I was really glad to be there.
    I’m a sprinter – I warmed up yesterday.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,069
    I do follow track racing and hope that the British team are as clean as they say they are. But given that a number of them have ridden, or currently ride, for teams on the road with poor reputations, i.e. USPS/Discovery, Landbouwkrediet and Barloworld, then tacit acceptance is hard when you follow the professional road scene.

That's a poor reflection of the current situation of the sport and one that Dave Brailsford has openly acknowledged in the press in recent days.
  • I'm happy that David O'Loughlin got 6th in the Individual Pursuit. That's a great finish for Ireland, and a vastly improved performance from David. Hopefully it will get him to the Olympics.

So, has anyone on here been yet? What's it like? Good crowd?
    Hipster Nascar: A Blog About Track Cycling - http://www.hipsternascar.com.
  • Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    Will Rebecca Romero be only the 2nd female athlete to win Olympic medals at 2 different summer games disciplines? Certainly looking good at the minute.
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    Brilliant night tonight, some top performances. Just got back to my hotel and hopped straight on the PC to see if I can get tickets for tomorrow but :(

Will Pendleton be on for a sprint gold tomorrow? She looked very good, but I thought the Lithuania girl also looks pretty useful.
  • I wish we could have the discussion about the Worlds on the Track board and not on the Road Race board. You can't say a thing up there without some miserable swine venting about how track racing is a minority sideshow stealing funding from road racing.

Gah! Just enjoy the event, and all the wins you Brits are getting! I don't understand...
    Hipster Nascar: A Blog About Track Cycling - http://www.hipsternascar.com.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    hammerite wrote:
    Brilliant night tonight, some top performances. Just got back to my hotel and hopped straight on the PC to see if I can get tickets for tomorrow but :(

Will Pendleton be on for a sprint gold tomorrow? She looked very good, but I thought the Lithuania girl also looks pretty useful.

Of course she, why you doubting Vicky :lol:
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • 4candles
    4candles Posts: 240
    I can't belive the medal count...

looks like someones got that place in order, as i've only ever encountered management of a very obtuce nature on my two visits there, they were so up there own arses and clueless of saftey... when some official got physical with me i vowed never to go back.... and i never will because theres a far superior indor facility so much closer to home.
  • Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    4Candles, don't confuse the "blazer brigade" with the WCPP coaches - most of BC is still a pain in the arse to deal with
  • 4candles
    4candles Posts: 240
    Bronzie,

A mate of mine is still at loggerheads with the "Blazer Brigade" because of the BC insurance... it doesn't cover Dernys or Pacing of any discription, thats why there are international pacers at Herne Hill every year and it turns out if your covered you can't claim against someone else who's covered they wont payout.... money for nothing innit.