Well done Cameron

pdsidd
pdsidd Posts: 19
edited March 2008 in Campaign
Over on BBCs website there is an article about David Cameron apologising for jumping red lights and going the wrong way up a one way street. If you watch the associatated video with it, it seems quite reasonable for him to take the actions he did. This letter of the law thing does my head in. There's a difference between being a danger to other road users because you're basically an idiot with no respect for any other road user and not stopping at a stop sign when you know 100% there's nothing coming in my view.

In the BBC article it says:-
Conservative leader David Cameron has apologised after being photographed breaking red lights and cycling the wrong way up a one-way street.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7308400.stm

So am a little more impressed with Cameron for his promoting bikes in the mainstream but still think he's a bit of an idiot for riding a bike without helmet when the darned thing is fastened to his handlebars.

Comments

• claudb
    claudb Posts: 212
    I'm actually wondering if it's quite reasonable for Tabloid journos to be following people around London and filming them !!! I do hope this sparks an Intelligent debate about all the "Cycling-in-London" type of issues which the media have been milking endlessly but I'm not hopefull !! Yes, DC appears to me to be a bit of a plonker (on many fronts) too but he is at least cycling on some sort of regular basis and should really be of some influence for good - at least for Cycling. Lets hope !!
  • spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    claudb wrote:
    I'm actually wondering if it's quite reasonable for Tabloid journos to be following people around London and filming them !!! I do hope this sparks an Intelligent debate about all the "Cycling-in-London" type of issues which the media have been milking endlessly but I'm not hopefull !! Yes, DC appears to me to be a bit of a plonker (on many fronts) too but he is at least cycling on some sort of regular basis and should really be of some influence for good - at least for Cycling. Lets hope !!

Wonder what they did with the footage showing illegal/ dangerous manouveres by motorists whilst they were filming DC- or did every motorist drive impeccabily
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • Will his cycling friendly outlook survive a successful election?