Moving to Eastbourne

Horta
Horta Posts: 64
Hello there, I'm moving from sunny sarf London, where I have a huge choice of rides and riders 15 mins fom my front door, to sunnier Eastbourne. Could I pick your brains about rides in the area? I hoping to do some sportives, my racing days are over, for now and need to get going.
better a has been, than a never was!

Comments

• ridgerider
    ridgerider Posts: 2,851
    Then get down to Phoenix Cycles in Seaside road in Eastbourne and have a chat with Simon or Max.

I go out from Eastbourne with a mate most Sundays, into the Weald or Downs. If you want to meet up one day give me a PMl on here.

Welcome to the town where the good life just got better.
    Half man, Half bike
  • Hi there

...... or another option would be for you to drive over to hastings and ride with us. We leave at 8am in the mornings but many of us are memebers of the hastings and st Leonards cycle club and club rides leave hastings at 9:00 sundays

there is plenty of good hilly riding from hastings. Sportive are what i am most interested in, so as long as you can manage about 16 mph, the rides we do should suit you
  • ridgerider
    ridgerider Posts: 2,851
    I've just started commuting to Hastings on my bike, look out for the yellow peril early each morning!
    Half man, Half bike
  • rdaviesb
    rdaviesb Posts: 566
    Brother in law used to ride a lot with Eastbourne Rovers; a very friendly lot.
  • Horta
    Horta Posts: 64
    Sounds like I've got some choices, which is nice. Once we move, another week or so, I'll meet up. Hopefully I'll bring the good weather with me. Plus the road bike should be together by then, riding fixie is good for the soul and the souplesse!
    better a has been, than a never was!