Campag rims are a nightmare!

Rudd
Rudd Posts: 264
edited March 2008 in Road beginners
I have some campy Zonda's great wheels but I really struggle to fit tyres to them ie they are too tight. From what I hear this a common problem.Can anyone reccomend a make/model of tyres that slip easliy on? Puncture resistance is key too.

Thanks

Comments

• Smokin Joe
    Smokin Joe Posts: 2,706
    Vredestein Fortezza Tricomps slip onto Campag rims without undue hardship. Assuming you are talking race tyres puncture resistance is pretty much the same across the board. They all have a thin carcass and there is only so much you can pack in there.
  • craigenty
    craigenty Posts: 960
    I find Michelin go on ok but Vittorias shocking :shock:

Craig
  • Mark Alexander
    Mark Alexander Posts: 2,277
    I've had one set of Sirocco's for four years and they're bullet-proof. It's the only wheelset that I DON'T have a problem with! in 4 years they haven't missed a beat.
    http://twitter.com/mgalex
    www.ogmorevalleywheelers.co.uk

10TT 24:36 25TT: 57:59 50TT: 2:08:11, 100TT: 4:30:05 12hr 204.... unfinished business
  • Simon Notley
    Simon Notley Posts: 1,263
    My Zondas are very easy with Conti GP4000S... I wouldn't base your wheel buying decisions on such things. The Zondas are an awesome wheel, you'll struggle to find anything better in their price range.

Simon
  • a_n_t
    a_n_t Posts: 2,011
    pro race 2's went on mine easy :?
    Manchester wheelers

PB's
    10m 20:21 2014
    25m 53:18 20:13
    50m 1:57:12 2013
    100m Yeah right.
  • System_1
    System_1 Posts: 513
    I don't have Campy rims but GP3000 and Sport Contacts were a nightmare to get on my Mavics but since putting on the Vredestein Fortezza Tricomps off my good bike I've had no problems. Really good performance and puncture protection too. They have also just released the Fortezza Quattro Tricomp which has even better puncture protection.
  • huwy
    huwy Posts: 91
    Is this the same for Fulcrums as trying to get tyres on & off my R3's is a nightmare ? and the tyres are - Vredestein Fortezza Tricomps
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    huwy wrote:
    Is this the same for Fulcrums as trying to get tyres on & off my R3's is a nightmare ? and the tyres are - Vredestein Fortezza Tricomps

Fulcrum is the same company as Campagnolo.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr