Having problems with my fox float R shock

tlloyd04c
tlloyd04c Posts: 29
edited March 2008 in MTB workshop & tech
could someone please help me.
when i pump up my shock the air is ascaping from my shock after a few mins so i have to keep pump it up very often when i am riding.
please please help me find out my problem.:(

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    What makes you think it is losing air? How do you know?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • tlloyd04c
    I think its losing air because after a few mins it at the bottom of the sleve
  • Sev101
    Sev101 Posts: 56
    I have the same issue at the mo in a way - my shock hits the bottom of the travel when you sit on the bike and no amount of additional added air makes any odds as soon as you sit on the bike the extra air goes and back at 150 psi again!

Think I need new seals in there but am not sure if I get anything useful from my post will pass it over mate
  • nicklouse
    tlloyd04c wrote:
    I think its losing air because after a few mins it at the bottom of the sleve

so after adding air the suspension collapses with you doing nothing to it at all? if yes then service time.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • tlloyd04c
    no when i am riding
  • nicklouse
    so have you set the sag? buy setting the air?
  • skyliner
    skyliner Posts: 613
    tlloyd04c wrote:
    no when i am riding

is the shock body (shaft below the sleeve) polished or scratched?
    It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.
  • RussAlf
    RussAlf Posts: 706
    Could possibly be stuck down. Service needed.
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    I have a friend with this shock, it had a factory problems, where the seals could invert, his did, take it back to point of purchase and they will send your shock off, and it will come back shiney!