Elveden Centre Parcs April 14th

huwy
huwy Posts: 91
edited March 2008 in MTB rides
Having to do the family thing and will need a trail fix anyone staying same time and fancy escaping for an explore ? Don't fancy the organised £17 activity....

Comments

• how far is it away from the train station? I live local and wouldn't mind the exploration...
    Train hard, ride easy
  • huwy
    No idea but this is the multimap link looks like Thetford forest is a short hop

http://www.multimap.com/maps/?hloc=GB|I ... IP27%200YZ
  • actually
    I'm doing thetford forrest on tfriday morn if you want to join
    Train hard, ride easy
  • jdp
    jdp Posts: 26
    I went to Elveden back in January. Turn left out of the main entrance and Thetford forest is a couple of miles along the road on the right. Really easy to find and if you prepare with a map -wish I had - you'll know where you're going!!
  • milkywhite
    milkywhite Posts: 534
    actually

Myself and a friend should be riding Thetford on Friday morning too. What time were you planning on getting there?
  • rikk
    rikk Posts: 734
    The organized ride will take you on part of the black route and few sections not signposted. If I'd of know thats what they did I'd of skipped it and gone for a ride over there myself :)
    Oh yea, they will show you the bomb holes, but your not allowed to do them while on the organized ride for health and safety reason :roll:
  • milkywhite wrote:
    actually

Myself and a friend should be riding Thetford on Friday morning too. What time were you planning on getting there?
    no way!

have to arrange with my mate but prolly 11ish I'd say at a guess, I'll get back to ya. if you see two lads, one on a yellow be one hardtail and the other on a purplish heap-o'-crap hardtail, say hello!
    Train hard, ride easy
  • milkywhite
    milkywhite Posts: 534
    milkywhite wrote:
    actually

no way!

have to arrange with my mate but prolly 11ish I'd say at a guess, I'll get back to ya. if you see two lads, one on a yellow be one hardtail and the other on a purplish heap-o'-crap hardtail, say hello!

Nice one. We should be there around then too. I'll be on the red Trek in my sig, and my mate will be on a new Specialized FSR expert. We'll be arriveing in a knackered red BMW 3 series and an even more knackered Maroon Citroen Xsara.
  • huwy
    Enjoy your ride chaps I'm still on my own as Friday is going home day anyone around Thursday :?:
  • d'oh!

seems we can'[t make tomorrow. combination of my mate having family to see (come back from uni) and his purple bike basicly probably not being able to withstand the rain!

have re-scheduled to thursday week
    Train hard, ride easy