Cwmcarn Red Route

jon prothero
jon prothero Posts: 469
edited March 2008 in Routes
Really enjoying the 3 recent changes Cwmcarn has made to its red route. Anybody know if anymore are planned for the near future?

Comments

• jstacey
    jstacey Posts: 12
    when did these happen? not been there for a couple of months.
  • dirtbiker100
    dirtbiker100 Posts: 1,997
    who what where has changed? details! we need details my man!
  • On the very first section after the big first climb we level out and go over the bumps past a gate and up a small incline instead of going straight down at the top as it used to be you carry on across for some lovely flowing single track until you end with two sharp sweeping berms its not long but it good fun.

On the second section they have made the very end bit easier and smoother to climb, a welcome relieve if like me you do not have a feather weight cross country bike!

The third bit is, instead of going into the final section next to the down hill track, you instead flow down the track (just before you get to the road) fly right across the road and on to a breathtaking section very swoopy with a nice berm and join up back to the old part of the final decent.

Finally this week I think i noticed that the very very end of the track (where it goes on to the car park had also changed. (Could not ride the trail though because there was a down hill comp going on and the trail had been closed.

That's it as far as I can remember. Whom ever is responsible Thanks I for one am enjoying the small but significant changes which is starting to transform a good track into a great one!
  • dirtbiker100
    hmmm i think the first bit has been there for a while, second i'll be interested to see how they've done that and the last - i'm not sure whats being described really but it sounds nice.

what i do know though is that i need to head there asap :D
  • grantway
    grantway Posts: 1,430
    Bang ON

Need to get there A.S.A.P and try my Orange 5 AM to its proper use

Where and how do i get to the place in Wales please :lol:
  • dirtbiker100
    http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&hl=en ... 60675&z=13

thats the route to it from the M4 if anyones interested
  • zero303
    zero303 Posts: 1,162
    fly right across the road and on to a breathtaking section very swoopy with a nice berm and join up back to the old part of the final decent.

Basically there's two or three sweet jumps, nice and flow-y straight into a very fast smooth 180 berm. Couple more jumps and then it's business as usual.

It was this that got me all excited and riding way beyond my ability before stacking it 100 yards from the bottom.

Good times!