Something else to make you blood boil...

Comments

• alfablue
    alfablue Posts: 8,497
    I am sorry it doesn't really make my blood boil, presumably the convicted woman has some grounds to appeal the sentence, some mitigation perhaps - I trust the appeal court to make the correct decision on the validity of the claims she has to make.
  • ademort
    ademort Posts: 1,924
    It must be a terrible and very difficult time for the family of the deceased, my deepest sympathy to them all.The driver beggars belief with her bollocks to her what about me attitude. Maybe if this driver were to meet family and friends of the deceased and try to understand the impact that her death has had on them, who knows maybe she might realise that her punishment is a lenient one. 21 months for a life is a bloody good deal if you ask me. Yet another reason for bikers to hate motorists. greetings Ademort
    ademort
    Chinarello, record and Mavic Cosmic Sl
    Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
    Giant Defy 4
    Mirage Columbus SL
    Batavus Ventura
  • nwallace
    nwallace Posts: 1,465
    Other than the victims mothers spurious claim that has the woman been driving at 30mph then her daughter would be alive. She is right to be upset that the woman is trying to appeal. It is the Womans right to appeal, though I wonder what the grounds are?

Rightly it should be rejected, though a bit of me hopes she gets her sentence extended for her efforts
    Do Nellyphants count?

Commuter: FCN 9
    Cheapo Roadie: FCN 5
    Off Road: FCN 11

+1 when I don't get round to shaving for x days
  • karl j
    karl j Posts: 517
    So she weren't paying attention and went through a red light, killed a cyclist as a result then lied to police about the colour of the light

What a lovely girl.

The only thing she deserves is an increased sentence and a lifetime driving ban (meaning Lifetime)
    Morning route (when i don't get the train)

Evening route ,
  • spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    Why should somebody making a lawful appeal against a sentence get me in the slightest bit upset.

She has every right to appeal against the sentence- as does everyone convicted of a criminal offence.

Whether or not it succeeds (or whether it should succeed) is a different matter, but I support her right in common with every other person convicted of a crime to be able to appeal against the sentence.

The right of appeal is part of what makes us a democracy.
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • Brains
    Brains Posts: 1,732
    Spen, totally agree she has every right to appeal. I just hope it get thrown out of court as even if there are grounds for the appeal, the overall sentence is just.

If this woman is ever permitted to drive a car again (which in my opinion she should not be) then not only will she be very careful around cyclists, so will everyone she knows, as the gossip on the school gate should ensure not local repetition for a few years
  • spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    Brains wrote:
    Spen, totally agree she has every right to appeal. I just hope it get thrown out of court as even if there are grounds for the appeal, the overall sentence is just.

If this woman is ever permitted to drive a car again (which in my opinion she should not be) then not only will she be very careful around cyclists, so will everyone she knows, as the gossip on the school gate should ensure not local repetition for a few years

Your last paragraph is an interesting contradiction

If she is going to be a very safe driver, then why ban her for life? surely we want safedrivers on the road?
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • alfablue
    alfablue Posts: 8,497
    spen666 wrote:
    Why should somebody making a lawful appeal against a sentence get me in the slightest bit upset.

She has every right to appeal against the sentence- as does everyone convicted of a criminal offence.

Whether or not it succeeds (or whether it should succeed) is a different matter, but I support her right in common with every other person convicted of a crime to be able to appeal against the sentence.

The right of appeal is part of what makes us a democracy.
    Absolutely!!!

It is the law in operation, her appeal will test the safety of the original judgement (which may turn out to be fine), no harm in this at all.
  • She won her appeal and the sentence was reduced to 12 months. The aoppeal judge said that the original judge had not taken into account the drivers guilty plea and her previous good record.

:-(
  • FFS. I don't believe it. Drivers are like the f@cking masons.
    Dan
  • markos1963
    markos1963 Posts: 3,724
    Did anyone else notice from the report she was carrying two passengers in her Smart car at the time. I thought they were two seaters not three! Shows she was willing to take a chance on safety and therefore more likely to have an incident(can't call it an accident if the lights were red for twenty seconds)