Steve Berry

sing_for_absolution
sing_for_absolution Posts: 1,908
edited March 2008 in Campaign
I've heard this ex-Top Gear presenter twice during phone-ins for Jeremy Vine's show on Radio 2 and today on BBC Radio Wales. What a rude idiot he is. He seems to treat every debate as a slanging match and a competition where he has to interrupt the other panellist and then whinge if they start to interrupt him. :roll:

Comments

• I was up against Steve Berry on Radio 5 a few weeks ago - couldn't get a word in edgeways! He's very good at talking...
    Rob Spedding, Editor, Cycling Plus
  • always_tyred
    always_tyred Posts: 4,965
    I was up against Steve Berry on Radio 5 a few weeks ago - couldn't get a word in edgeways! He's very good at talking...

I heard that! I had to switch off because he put back cycling a few years in about half an hour and it just turned into a conversation between drivers (including the presenter) having a jolly good moan about cyclists.

He has rabies (Steve Berry).

He is not a good advocate for cycling. He says what he likes and he likes what he bloody well says.
  • I was worried that people would think Berry was the editor of the cycling mag!
    Rob Spedding, Editor, Cycling Plus
  • alfablue
    alfablue Posts: 8,497
    He's an absolut to**er! He believes he should be able to drive at any speed he wants because he (and thousands of others) are so skilled they will never come to grief! Arrogant dinosaur *anker! (Sorry :oops: he gets my goat!).
  • Lagavulin
    Lagavulin Posts: 1,688
    Is he the gimp that used to do the motorbike road tests? :?:
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Prob bitter ? Havent heard of him for aaaaages.
  • always_tyred
    always_tyred Posts: 4,965
    Lagavulin wrote:
    Is he the gimp that used to do the motorbike road tests? :?:

Yes.

He came on the radio to tell everyone that he proudly cycled on the pavement because a bit of his commute in Bristol was too dangerous.

Problem was he took cocaine before coming on and came off a bit crazed. He ended up shouting down other cyclists. I think he talked right through the news. He may still be talking now.
  • Lagavulin
    Lagavulin Posts: 1,688
    Ahh, I thought he was a bit of a t!t back then (mid 90's?) and I distinctly remember his voice grated on me. He sounded as if Clarkson had him by the balls. Hadn't heard/seen of him knowingly since then.
  • Tourist Tony
    Tourist Tony Posts: 8,628
    alfablue wrote:
    He's an absolut to**er! He believes he should be able to drive at any speed he wants because he (and thousands of others) are so skilled they will never come to grief! Arrogant dinosaur *anker! (Sorry :oops: he gets my goat!).
    We know a website for him.....
    If I had a stalker, I would hug it and kiss it and call it George...or Dick
    http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/?o=3 ... =3244&v=5K
  • alfablue
    alfablue Posts: 8,497
    alfablue wrote:
    We know a website for him.....
    I am sure he is a fully paid up member of "SS"
  • Argh he was on Radio 2 again today :x. It's that irritating accent combined with his arrogant views that really annoy me. There must surely be other motoring journalists apart from him?
  • twedspeed
    twedspeed Posts: 130
    According to Steve berry on BBC radio this morning he recons all cyclists should have
    1/ Registration plates on their bikes , so that when they jump a red or go the wrong way up a one way street , they can be photographed and fined just like Motorcycles and cars .
    2/ He also said he,d like to see all cyclists pass a driving type cycling test .
    3/ He recomends ALL cyclists on the public roads should have motorist style insurance.
    4/ Thinks that once all bikes are registered it will do away with bike crime ????
    WHAT AN IDIOT , hasnt he noticed that cars and motorbikes get nicked every minute of every day and theyre registered and insured .
    Imagine if all his demands were made law , you,d see cyclists jumping back into their 4x4,s in droves , It,d be cheeper .
    I could go on , but just wish this "poor mans Richard hammond ", would take his thick burnley accent off the airwaves and go back to where he started ....I.E. as an editor of scootering magazine ,But oh no you cant can you steve?? because once you,d used scootering to get you on the telly , you did a top gear type piece to camera where you delighted in smashing a Vespa up REMEMBER .....us mods do .
    WHYTE LIGHTNING - CARBON S/L - NOMAD anyone see a patern emerging ????????