your thoughts please

Felix-da-house-mouse
edited March 2008 in MTB beginners
whats your thoughts on this good bad buy it or leave it?

http://shop.devercycles.co.uk/index.htm ... 7&brandID=
felix's bike

pedal like you stole something!!!

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Not worth it, even now reduced. Very heavy, catastrophicly bad fork - much better to be had elsewhere for the money.
  • Random Vince
    Random Vince Posts: 11,374
    great starter bike for the money, there are other options for the same money, not overly heavy (my inbred is heavier)

rides really well - yes, the forks will wear out, but as a starter, you upgrade as you break it.
    My signature was stolen by a moose

that will be all

trying to get GT James banned since tuesday
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    It weighs just under 34 lbs! Also single piston hydros, and a fork that simply does not work (minimal or no damping with clanking top out thunk). For this money take a look at the GT Avalanche 1.0, Carrera Fury and even 2007 rockhoppers that have been reduced, all with better frames, forks, and lighter weight.
  • gaz.
    gaz. Posts: 7
    At least if you buy from tesco think of all the club card points.....
  • gaz. wrote:
    At least if you buy from tesco think of all the club card points.....

aw great helpful comment cheers gaz
    felix's bike

pedal like you stole something!!!
  • gaz.
    gaz. Posts: 7
    Sorry but these days collecting points are turning into a good hobbie for me ...
  • ljb_home
    ljb_home Posts: 34
    rockhopper
  • I love those tesco clubcard points, I get to go to fancy restraunts with them! But the restraunt hates being paid with them...
    I am a bit of a cheapskate :lol:
    Me like trials biking me do
  • £480 for an '07 hardrock? Madness!

I just got an '08 hardrock pro from Edinburgh Bike shop for £400. Can't recommend it enough, yes it's a touch heavier than some others (keeps me fit though for when I upgrade), but the frame rocks, it's got scope for upgrading and it handles rooty, twisty, rocky trails fantastically for the price.

Either that or a Giant Terrago would be my recommendation.

Roll on and good luck!