Kent Surrey Border XC

LingfieldXC
LingfieldXC Posts: 134
edited March 2008 in XC and Enduro
Hi - I'm new to this forum, - Got back into MTB recently after succession of bad knee injuries. I live on the K/S border. I was wondering if anyone knows of any MTB clubs in the area with an emphasis on XC, or anyone ride in the area? I have only been riding close to home (around Dry Hill) and am bored of it now so want some new routes.

Thanks
Your'e never alone with schizophrenia.

Comments

• Was wondering if anyone knows somewhere online where I can find maps with bridlepaths or anything simelar. I am planning on finding a non road way of getting home from school every weekend and have a rough idea of the way but I am not sure where the bridlepaths are. I have walked it before but obviously you are not allowed on footpaths.
  • SBezza
    SBezza Posts: 2,173
    You can view maps on the OS website

http://leisure.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/lei ... BE_M_OTHER
  • gregsd
    gregsd Posts: 328
    You migth be better off us the new OS Explore application. This one will allow you to draw your route, save it and share it with others :)

G.
  • Cheers guys - looks really useful. My parents are going past tonight so hopefully they will be dropping my bike off. I will bike home on saturday. Riding home on weekends will pretty much be the only way I can do any cycling. Getting some friends to bring their bikes in for weekends. Might start an unofficial school club.
  • LingfieldXC
    Rode home on saturday with my school bag - laptop, loads of books and spare clothes. Bout 15kg extra. Went wrong a couple of times but ist was awesome. Got my friend to bring in his bike so we will do the same again next weekend.
  • LingfieldXC
    I need some help, I am looking at going clipless. Was wondering what people recommend. I want something that I can use without the clips if I want. Also any recommedations for shoes?
    I don't really hava a clue but I like the look of some of the crank bros stuff. I quite like the candy.
    Budget is quite variable as I do not know what it would be worth spending.
  • LingfieldXC
    went to two local shops today, one had no pedals that where any good, the other had some but not many. I think I might go with CB mallets or acids as they are a bit bigger. Tho i did like the look of Shimanos M520
  • pittpony
    pittpony Posts: 1,057
    I've got M520s. I'd imagine they're not the lightest but they do the job ok!
  • LingfieldXC
    cheers - I just need something functional for the moment. To get used to clipless on. I sam some in the shop and they look allright. I think I am going for Adidas El Moro shoes to go with it. Quite expensive tho.