Shearer and Chilsy

the ferry
the ferry Posts: 258
edited March 2008 in Campaign
.....so if these two do it with nothing more than a a few 'never agains' and schoolboy jokes about bike saddles what are we going to do?

As far as i know they have done no seriousl training (unlike Walliams), the weather will still be cold and there even going the wrong way!!

I'm just curious as to wether they can do this and turn all logic on it's head. :?

Comments

• afctumike
    afctumike Posts: 52
    Adrian Chiles has been a keen cyclist for years. In an interview with the pair in Sunday's Observer he talks about being on his Turbo Trainer while listening on the radio when West Brom were playing Shearer's Blackburn Rovers. That's a long time ago.

They are training seperately, Chiles in London and Shearer in Newcastle. While they haven't been doing 180's they are doing regular 80+ training rides - well at least Chiles is, Shearer doing 50's

In the interview Chiles said that Shearer's football training won't help him because his game was all about barging into people and falling over in the box.
    My bike's an Orbea Elgeta from Epic Cycles
  • I heard Mr Chiles say on the (dreadful - I wasn't really watching it honest ) The One Show that he did 100 miles on Saturday in horrendous winds in less than 6 hours.

Didn't say if he was in a group or not - but that sounds pretty decent
  • popette
    popette Posts: 2,089
    I heard Shearer on Five Live saying he'd done rides of 90 odd miles as well.
    Are they setting off tomorrow?
  • mooro
    mooro Posts: 479
    I heard there is a group of about six of them doing it, with a couple of doctors, and a back up van - A few of shearers mates are keen cyclists.

I heard his patter on 5 live the other day. They do keep saying the professional cyclists dont do this many miles though which isnt quite true.
  • mooro
    mooro Posts: 479
    I heard there is a group of about six of them doing it, with a couple of doctors, and a back up van - A few of shearers mates are keen cyclists.

I heard his patter on 5 live the other day. They do keep saying the professional cyclists dont do this many miles though which isnt quite true.
  • the ferry
    the ferry Posts: 258
    ........Totally and utterly very well done to both of them........one of the most amazing things i've heard of in my 41 years.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    seriously ? 335 in two days ?

I mean its a good effort - but look at what cracknell did - much more impressive and it seems like most of the focus has been on Walliams swimming again ?
  • Tom Butcher
    Tom Butcher Posts: 3,830
    Agreed - good effort but it's not like they've ridden PBP or even something like the Marmotte - I nipped out to see them as they rode within half a mile of my house and they were going straight down the A38 - probably equivalent to riding two back to back 100 mile sportives.

it's a hard life if you don't weaken.