New Bike

Gregore
Gregore Posts: 17
edited March 2008 in Road beginners
Im thinking of buying a Giant 2008 SCR 4 but not sure if it is the right choice and am looking for a bit of help. Any reviews would be nice or just some tips.
Thanks

Comments

• doyler78
    doyler78 Posts: 1,951
    Gregore wrote:
    Im thinking of buying a Giant 2008 SCR 4 but not sure if it is the right choice and am looking for a bit of help. Any reviews would be nice or just some tips.
    Thanks

First of welcome on board.

I notice no one has replied and it is probably because you would have been better to tell everyone what is that you are going to be doing on the bike ie type of riding (commutes, weekend rides, etc) and when talking about type of riding consider for a few minutes what type of riding you think you will be doing in 6 months as you want the bike to be suitable for that too. What distances are you planning? Have you any previous riding experience? Do you plan on doing any off road or touring which might require wider tyres or the ability to add racks for panniers, etc or mudguards? Do you have a budget in mind for people to offer possible alternatives? Just some of the info that if provided would give the good people on here something to latch on to.

You question as it is just doesn't give anyone any idea of whether the bike would be suitable or not so they really can't review it for you. It would be all rather general.
  • Gregore
    Gregore Posts: 17
    Basically, ill be riding to work and back 5 days a week with a round trip of 20 miles. No off road or touring will be done, and have very little experience of road cycling.
  • Rich Hcp
    Rich Hcp Posts: 1,355
    Try a few different bikes and find a go shop to talk too

Then decide on budget

Then buy
    Richard

Giving it Large
  • topdude
    topdude Posts: 1,557
    Hi, the SCR is a road bike with a slightly more relaxed (ie upright) riding position.
    It may not be the best choice for cummuting in my opinion, i suggest looking at a Hybrid like Specialized Globe or Sirrus. They are still quick and lively to ride but more comfortable.
    Again a trip to your local bike shop is recommended.
    He is not the messiah, he is a very naughty boy !!