Arrrggghh!! Rock Racing (again)

jimmythecuckoo
jimmythecuckoo Posts: 4,712
edited March 2008 in Pro race
You know what, I know we have to hate them because of their riders and their history and their dubious ownership etc. etc.

But the fact is that Cipo is cool and their kit is cool and aaarrrrgggggggggghhhhhhh I have signed up for the newsletter on their website

Am I beyond help?

327_RRSAT.jpg

Comments

• Yeh I have too. I don't hate them. Got to have the kit, even the booties?
  • I think you are clearly beyond help. Now, where do I sign up for that newsletter???
    :D
    =====================
    Pas de progrŠs sans peigne.
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    Rock Racing are cool, it helps having Cipo. Cipo is God.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • Moomaloid
    Moomaloid Posts: 2,040
    I tried to buy last years top which was even better, red and black, but i couldn't find it for sale anywhere. I really wanna wear it, but i feel i can't because a the owner is complete d*ck and b because of who he's signed. Why did he do it, last year they were the bad boys and that was great, tis year they are def the 'bad boys'.
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    you can get the kit here...

http://www.bikingthings.com/rorecyterora.html

also the skull looks similar to the one on my elbow..

n752458161_260512_3106.jpg
    cartoon.jpg
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Kayle, is that you?
  • Doobz
    afx237vi wrote:
    Kayle, is that you?
    do you mean me? if you do then nope sorry :?
    cartoon.jpg
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Sorry, bad joke. One of Rock Racing's riders (Kayle Leogrande) is well known for his tattoos (amongst other things, ahem).
  • Doobz
    lol - I wish I was that good..
    cartoon.jpg
  • Eurostar
    Eurostar Posts: 1,806
    Rock Racing are about as cool as a Halfords £99 full sus MTB with a chav in white trainers on it. With a Burberry cap. How can a cycling team which thinks that their six Cadillac Escalades are one of their big selling points ever be cool? They're a pathetic bunch of tossers. If you had Michael Ball and Tyler Hamilton in a sinking hot air balloon you'd just throw them both out, regardless. Read their home page to see a demonstration of how to work so hard (and so badly) to be cool as to render yourself as cool as yesterday's stool, still floating in the bowl. The first line of drivel on their 'About' page even claims that they have 'flare and edge'.

Weeping dicks. :roll:
    <hr>
    <h6>What\'s the point of going out? We\'re just going to end up back here anyway</h6>
  • They've got a whacking great two page ad right near the front of this months Procycling too.

Doesn't appear to be advertising anything other than the team itself. Big logo and then it large letters HERE TO STAY

Hmmm yes, but to borrow a Willie Nelson song, how long is forever?
  • Garybee
    Garybee Posts: 815
    Eurostar wrote:
    Rock Racing are about as cool as a Halfords £99 full sus MTB with a chav in white trainers on it. With a Burberry cap. How can a cycling team which thinks that their six Cadillac Escalades are one of their big selling points ever be cool? They're a pathetic bunch of tossers. If you had Michael Ball and Tyler Hamilton in a sinking hot air balloon you'd just throw them both out, regardless. Read their home page to see a demonstration of how to work so hard (and so badly) to be cool as to render yourself as cool as yesterday's stool, still floating in the bowl. The first line of drivel on their 'About' page even claims that they have 'flare and edge'.

Why wait till it's sinking?

Hypocrisy is only a bad thing in other people.
  • Noodley
    Noodley Posts: 1,725
    They've got a whacking great two page ad right near the front of this months Procycling too.

Doesn't appear to be advertising anything other than the team itself. Big logo and then it large letters HERE TO STAY

Hmmm yes, but to borrow a Willie Nelson song, how long is forever?

My copy arrived today and I saw that. And thought "oh f***, I hope not" followed by "so said the Argies when they invaded the Falklands" :wink:
  • Moomaloid
    Moomaloid Posts: 2,040
    Well if they're gonna sink then maybe the jerseys will become collectables :shock: I really want one but dont wanna support the team lol
  • Doobz
    lol @ Eurostar - when I read the word drivel - I nearly fell out of my chair.. It reminded me of my dad.. he is like 70 or something.. He would probably say the same thing as you about the rock racing team and its Martian Mean Green Kit - I would probably just say to him that its not a sign of the times, just a sign of different tastes.. He would probably disagree and say its a sign of the times.. Still laughing at that word tho
    cartoon.jpg
  • mrushton
    mrushton Posts: 5,182
    Eurostar wrote:
    Rock Racing are about as cool as a Halfords £99 full sus MTB with a chav in white trainers on it. With a Burberry cap. How can a cycling team which thinks that their six Cadillac Escalades are one of their big selling points ever be cool?

Cadillac are one of their sponsors, so guess what they are going to use as promo vehicles
    M.Rushton
  • jimmythecuckoo
    jimmythecuckoo Posts: 4,712
    I am so glad it isnt just me having these issues!