Anybody still got last year's Tour on ITV?

Eurostar
Eurostar Posts: 1,806
edited March 2008 in Pro race
I've accidentally wiped mine. Very irritating. The only reason I kept it was for some music used to accompany one of those let's-have-a-look-at-the-Tour-so-far montages. I think it was at the end of week 2. Fantastic uplifting track, lots of drums, soaring female vocals, slightly Kate Bushy but modern. If only I knew what it was. :?
<hr>
<h6>What\'s the point of going out? We\'re just going to end up back here anyway</h6>

Comments

• I did have a copy off my dvd-r but someone has got it. PM me and I will see if I can get it back and let you have it.
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    You can torrent the ITV highlights shows, I just did it recently to watch them again.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • Eurostar
    You can torrent the ITV highlights shows, I just did it recently to watch them again.

Sounds ideal. How do you start? I've tried torrenting stuff in the past but found it immensely tricky. Is there a way to do it that doesn't require you to be a super-geek?
    <hr>
    <h6>What\'s the point of going out? We\'re just going to end up back here anyway</h6>
  • Bonus
    Bonus Posts: 316
    I've got pretty much everything on tape for the last 5 years (lots of tapes!)

If you can remeber which stage it was shown before I'll have a look. I like those little montages they do to. The best of the best . . . . .
  • Eurostar
    I think it may well have been on the second rest day. They had a fairly arty sequence of clips set to music, without commentary. The peloton sweeping through a tight corner with the mountains in the background...that sort of thing. The backing music was African-ish drumming with female voices in harmony going something like aaah-aaah...very swoopy and emotive and inspring - ideal music to suggest the effort of getting over the Pyrenees.
    <hr>
  • avalon
    avalon Posts: 345
    Eurostar wrote:
    I've accidentally wiped mine. Very irritating. The only reason I kept it was for some music used to accompany one of those let's-have-a-look-at-the-Tour-so-far montages. I think it was at the end of week 2. Fantastic uplifting track, lots of drums, soaring female vocals, slightly Kate Bushy but modern. If only I knew what it was. :?

Was this the track in question?
    http://tinyurl.com/2hjq6y
  • Eurostar
    No. But if you like Kate Bush you'd probably like it.
    <hr>
  • Eurostar
    Hmm. Just had a listen to the Amazon free sample tracks for his Planet Earth album which accompanied the Earth Tour. But none of them sound promising. Thanks for looking though.
    <hr>
  • Eurostar
    Just checked cyclingnews and the second rest day would have been on Tues July 24th between stages 15 and 16. Is that any help?

Edit: this looks like the file http://isohunt.com/torrent_details/2322 ... ab=summary - so do I just download utorrent and have a go?
    <hr>
  • avalon
    Eurostar wrote:
    Hmm. Just had a listen to the Amazon free sample tracks for his Planet Earth album which accompanied the Earth Tour. But none of them sound promising. Thanks for looking though.

Sorry,I deleted my post as I had done the same.
    Was rather hoping not to put you on a fruitless search.
  • Eurostar
    All help gratefully received! I'm now downloading a file with utorrent - apparently it will take 9 weeks to download. Hoping the speed might pick up overnight...
    <hr>
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    hey euro - I have sent you a pm where you can possibly download it a bit quicker -
    cartoon.jpg
  • avalon
    Come on Euro,your nine weeks is up :lol:
    What was it?
  • Eurostar
    I've played the Pau rest day epsiode, and it wasn't on it. Doh! I'll just have to keep downloading the others.

It's very strange listening to it all again, given what's happened since with Rasmussen, Disco and so on. Phil Liggett sounds so naive.
    <hr>
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    same here - watching it brings back some memories of how gutted I was when Rass was sacked.. in my eyes Rass still won it even tho he never finished..
    cartoon.jpg
  • Eurostar
    Found the track! It was on the very last programme - the end of Tour final stage wrap-up. But I've still got no idea who the band is. Just in case anyone gets a chance to listen to it, it's playing in the background from 1m 10 secs to about 5 m 45 secs. Clock starts when the opening credits stop and the film of Paris begins.
    <hr>
  • avalon
    I emailed ITV4 re the track and they tell me it's this.
    http://tinyurl.com/yqyg5m
    Not as you described it though. :?
  • Eurostar
    I think it's a remix of this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GotgXpeWWVw&NR=1, which ITV also say they used. Apparently it's the "Den Hetrix and Raffa Mix" but I haven't found a freebie of it anywhere, and I'm boooggered if i'm installing iTunes to get it.
    <hr>
  • avalon
    Well sussed.Funnily enough there is a remixof this on youtube called bush to bush
  • le_patron
    le_patron Posts: 493
    I did some digging at the time, because the ITV team used loads of great music within the highlights programme. I particularly wanted the final highlights ending tune - 'Everybody Takes a Tumble' by The Waterboys.

There was a discussion on the music on their forum and the programme stuck some of the music on itunes. More details here http://forums.itv.com/thread/600505.aspx
  • don key
    don key Posts: 494
    Eurostar wrote:
    I've played the Pau rest day epsiode, and it wasn't on it. Doh! I'll just have to keep downloading the others.

It's very strange listening to it all again, given what's happened since with Rasmussen, Disco and so on. Phil Liggett sounds so naive.

Collusion is my preferred word, he appeared on ITV the day or so Armstrongs Paris lab results leaked from 99 tour were getting there first airing, filmed in Shorters Potters Bar and he quite clearly states that if you knew Armstrong the man you couldnt possibly believe he wuld do such a thing, hypocrite .Stooge is the other word that comes to mind.