Severe wrist pain after riding - tendonitis?

Pretre
Pretre Posts: 355
edited March 2008 in Road beginners
Got back from my standard 9 mile return journey commute last night with everything fine, had a bath, ate dinner & then my wrist started REALLY hurting . Saw the docs this morning (NHS walk-in clinic at Canary Wharf - waiting time 20 seconds!) & they suggested tendonitis. :(
I've been riding regularly about 4 times a week for the past year with no issues & so I'm quite concerned that this has suddenly happened. Anyone else had this &, if so, what did you do about it?

Thanks

Comments

• Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    hey dude.. I reckon you could have just taken a nasty bump in the road on the way home and jolted your wrist and not realised?

If so maybe try a warm compression wrap and some cod liver oil and glucosamine or similar. also get a tennis ball or something, poke a tiny hole in it and try and keep your wrist active as much as you can (pain permitting) .. you don't want it seizing up on ya

hope this helps
    doobz
    cartoon.jpg
  • Pretre
    thanks for this - there is a very bumpy/potholed road on the way home so that could be it.
    Oh,well - a few days off the bike will do me good (esp. as it's supposed to be VERY windy in London for the next few days).
  • Cajun
    Cajun Posts: 1,048
    Castor oil is an excellent relief method... (don't shoot :shock: )
    Wrap a bandage solution on the wrist overnight..it should be well in the morning without the side effects of drugs...
    http://members.shaw.ca/seachangepublica ... oroil.html
    (we forget what was used in the past....Grandma & Grandpa knew :D )
    Cajun
  • Pretre
    Only issue is I'll have to have the vile-tasting stuff in the house - I can still taste it from 35 yrs ago! :x