Vicky Pendleton in just her shoes!!!

redvee
redvee Posts: 11,922
edited April 2010 in The bottom bracket
From a forthcoming article in Obsewrver monthly :D

69335vickyp123551lo.th.jpg
I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.

Comments

• DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    Yuk. She's on a Trek.
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • z000m
    z000m Posts: 544
    shame there isnt any better angles
  • Rob Sallnow
    Rob Sallnow Posts: 6,279
    DaveyL wrote:
    Yuk. She's on a Trek.

Damn you beat me to it!! :lol:
    I'd rather walk than use Shimano
  • BeaconRuth
    BeaconRuth Posts: 2,086
    What is she doing on a road bike?

Ruth
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    Now I understand why I got a text from my mate last night saying "Just thought I'd text to tell you to buy the observer on Sunday for the Sport Monthly. I think the cover will make your day!"
  • Adamskii
    Adamskii Posts: 267
    I want to be a photographer... Purely for artistic reasons of course :wink:
    It's all good.
  • Ashley_R
    Ashley_R Posts: 408
    DaveyL wrote:
    Yuk. She's on a Trek.

You mean theres a bike in the photo, didn't notice!! :P
    You can lead an elephant to water but a pencil must be lead
  • vermooten
    vermooten Posts: 2,697
    Saddle's now on ebay ... I've just bid my life savings.

(sorry)
    You just have to ride like you never have to breathe again.

Manchester Wheelers
  • BeaconRuth wrote:

Ruth

copying the Anne Leibowitz Lance Armstrong pic as discussed here

http://www.atomicecho.com/cycling/2008/02/victoria_pendleton_naked.shtml[/url]
    <a>road</a>
  • NFMC
    NFMC Posts: 232
    They do say that sex sells and I'll certainly be buying the Observer this weekend.
    1892 Posts: 1,690
    Is it sunday 2nd March or did I miss it last week :?:
    Justice for the 96
  • bagpusscp
    bagpusscp Posts: 2,907
    vermooten wrote:
    Saddle's now on ebay ... I've just bid my life savings.

(sorry)

:lol::lol::lol: :twisted: :wink: >

I cannot find it :!: :!: :?: :?:
    bagpuss
    1892 Posts: 1,690
    DaveyL wrote:
    Yuk. She's on a Trek.

Damn you beat me to it!! :lol:

There's nothing wrong with Treks
    Justice for the 96
  • robbarker
    robbarker Posts: 1,367
    I look at that picture and,instead of seeing a sex object, (despite the fact that she is an incredibly attractive woman) I see a honed athlete at the top of her game, who has clearly made a lot of sacrifices and put the hours of painful training in to get where she is. I like it, and in a way my wife would probably approve of.

Agreed though, shame about the Trek ;-)
  • McBain_v1
    McBain_v1 Posts: 5,237
    Whatever you do don't click on the picture, and then some of the other pictures that appear below it :shock:

Not safe for work

What do I ride? Now that's an Enigma!
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,538
    Agreed, that is one impressive picture, and not for lecherous reasons, just for athletic ones.

Well done her.

Dan
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • Nuggs
    Nuggs Posts: 1,804
    I like it purely for lecherous reasons... :D
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    Richard Williams (one of the Guardian's sports journalists) stuck his oar in on this the other day

http://sport.guardian.co.uk/columnists/ ... 57,00.html
    Victoria Pendleton is a terrific athlete and an impressive woman but a world champion track cyclist, even a drop-dead gorgeous one, should have no need to broaden her appeal by stripping off for next Sunday's Observer Sports Magazine.

She was right to be frustrated by her omission from the shortlist for last year's BBC sports personality of the year award but playing the glamour card might not look quite so astute if, in this Olympic year, she suddenly runs into a streak of poor form. Although Pendleton would say, with justification, that Britain's top cyclists need all the publicity they can get, some kinds of exposure have a way of turning sour. Let's hope this is an exception.

Now considering it's a really obvious homage to Annie Leibowitz's Lance Armstrong photograph, and he didn't get any stick for stripping off when he did it, isn't Williams actually saying that she shouldn't have done it because she's a woman. Isn't that sexist?
  • z000m
    z000m Posts: 544
    what hes saying is its not very lady like.
  • sloboy
    sloboy Posts: 1,139
    Graeme_S wrote:
    Richard Williams (one of the Guardian's sports journalists) stuck his oar in on this the other day

http://sport.guardian.co.uk/columnists/ ... 57,00.html
    Victoria Pendleton is a terrific athlete and an impressive woman but a world champion track cyclist, even a drop-dead gorgeous one, should have no need to broaden her appeal by stripping off for next Sunday's Observer Sports Magazine.

She was right to be frustrated by her omission from the shortlist for last year's BBC sports personality of the year award but playing the glamour card might not look quite so astute if, in this Olympic year, she suddenly runs into a streak of poor form. Although Pendleton would say, with justification, that Britain's top cyclists need all the publicity they can get, some kinds of exposure have a way of turning sour. Let's hope this is an exception.

Now considering it's a really obvious homage to Annie Leibowitz's Lance Armstrong photograph, and he didn't get any stick for stripping off when he did it, isn't Williams actually saying that she shouldn't have done it because she's a woman. Isn't that sexist?

I don't quite get that the homage is that obvious or complete. Mainly because if the pic at the top of the thread is the whole image to be published, it's nothing like as complete an image. The Lance pic shows the musculature of the cyclist, both in its strengths and weaknesses as well as capturing something of the grit required. The only thing I don't admire in it is that his position on the bike looks a bit odd - maybe it's supposed to capture headwind.

Anyhow, by comaprison the VP picture, doesn't show much of anything.
  • Nuggs
    Nuggs Posts: 1,804
    sloboy wrote:
    Anyhow, by comaprison the VP picture, doesn't show much of anything.
    Which is a grave disappointment... :lol:
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    meh she's got no boobs... :twisted: :twisted:

or the airbrush has been at work possibly
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Mike Healey
    Mike Healey Posts: 1,023
    According to a thread in another place, scanties were worn but Photoshopped/ airbrushed out.
    Organising the Bradford Kids Saturday Bike Club at the Richard Dunn Sports Centre since 1998
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/eastbradfordcyclingclub/
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/eastbradfordcyclingclub/
  • If you take a look at countless celebrity photographers' work over the years, many have stripped off and not compromised their integrity. If you think that Vicky has then I really can't see why.
    http://twitter.com/mgalex
    www.ogmorevalleywheelers.co.uk

10TT 24:36 25TT: 57:59 50TT: 2:08:11, 100TT: 4:30:05 12hr 204.... unfinished business
  • BeaconRuth wrote:

Ruth

Ere........ she`s a roadie/racer so that`s what you`d expect, she`d hardly be on an mtb would she ?
    And on the 7th day...............
    God created...........
    THE BIKE
  • sloboy
    sloboy Posts: 1,139
    I think we were expecting a track bike with sprinter bars really.
  • Mark Alexander
    Mark Alexander Posts: 2,277
    edited February 2008
    who knows. road bikes are more easily recognizable to the masses than a track bike. Personally I think it will have a wider appeal.

When the paper's opened this sunday, those interested in vicky P. can assess, well, Vicky P but everyone else can wonder....
    "so where are the brakes :shock: :shock: " This way, no one will have to make up any excuses as to why they're staring at a beautiful brunette.
    P.C. version non gender/sexuality defining

10TT 24:36 25TT: 57:59 50TT: 2:08:11, 100TT: 4:30:05 12hr 204.... unfinished business
  • BeaconRuth
    BeaconRuth Posts: 2,086
    who knows. road bikes are more easily recognizable to the masses than a track bike. Personally I think it will have a wider appeal.
    Surely if the masses really think she would be found racing and winning World Championships on the bike in the picture, then they wouldn't miss the brakes if they weren't there? Just seems all wrong to me, whether it's a take off of the Lance picture or not. He was on his racing machine, she should be on hers. TBH I think the image would have been an even more powerful homage for that difference.............. or maybe I'd better just shut up. Scientist. Out of Depth.

Ruth
  • Every time I go on a shoot, all the components are thought out and make sense. I agree that it would have been better on the track bike.

Where's her helmet? :D