Specialized - Hardrock or Rockhopper

ljb_home
ljb_home Posts: 34
edited February 2008 in MTB buying advice
Hi, looking for a new bike and was wondering what the differences are between the specialized hardrock and rockhopper, anyone know?

Also, is one better than the other?

Comments

• Andy B
    Andy B Posts: 8,115
    Rockhopper is a much nicer bike (IMHO) it's quite a bit lighter & more worthy of upgrading than a Hardrock.
    2385861000_d125abe796_m.jpg
  • danhx
    danhx Posts: 165
    The hardrock is generally slagged off for being lardy. The rockhopper is a good frame, can be fairly light depending on the components (bascically how much you want to pay!). I currently ride an 2001 ish rockhopper and quite like it... but will soon be getting rid as its not worth upgradeing to Discs.

Rockhopper Disc 2007 can be had for around £550, 2008 for £600...
  • Why is'nt a hardrock worthy of a upgradei love mine and will start upgrading it when things start to wear out.
  • Andy B
    Andy B Posts: 8,115
    It's worthy of a few upgrades, but not as much as a 'Hopper, the frame on the 'Hopper is much better.
    2385861000_d125abe796_m.jpg
  • sorry for taking over this thread but what upgrades would you do to a hardrock sprt hd,i've put new forks on but what elseshould i doinstead of wasting money.
  • you have to remember, most upgraded parts can be moved over onto a new and better bike.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Rockhopper is simply lighter and better specced, which is to be expected given the most expensive HR this year is 400 quid. The main probs with HRs over the years have been relatively poor specs compared to the opposition, and the undamped fork.