ill, bored, sulking

vermooten
vermooten Posts: 2,697
edited March 2008 in The bottom bracket
Yeah I got me a mild cold but it's enough to stop me from doing a TT tomorrow. I've just taken a picture of myself to show just how I feel about this:

Sulk.jpg

Anyone else lurgying this weekend?
You just have to ride like you never have to breathe again.

Manchester Wheelers

Comments

• bagpusscp
    bagpusscp Posts: 2,907
    edited February 2008
    :lol: .No . Fit as a fat butchers dog me :shock: :wink:
    bagpuss
  • I've been lurgying for nearly 2 months so i'm hopefully out both days :twisted:
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • vermooten
    Two months???? jeez that's rough

Manchester Wheelers
  • yep, I've got man flu too, so no TT'ing for me this weekend either. :cry:
    'Hello to Jason Isaacs'
  • bit dizzy and feeling pretty tired and light headed. coming to the end of another tiring week and looking forward to my rest day tomorrow.

Gats
  • my foot is still b!ggered so that's 4 weeks with little riding. No TT for me on sunday either. and the spring epic sportive is under threat too.... :cry:
  • Lightweights :twisted:

The is what I had to send to my Coach and clubmates yesterday evening:

First the good news. My elbow is healing faster than I
    could have hoped. I'm out of the sling and it's
    pretty much feeling normal other than a slight
    stiffness at the extreme ends of the movement.

The flipside to this is the knee is a war zone. I
    have a swelling on the side of the knee just below the
    patella the size of a tennis ball. This is assumed to
    be caused by leaking meniscal fluid and in all
    probability I have some degree of damage to the medial
    meniscus.

The swelling is causing a circulatory problem in my
    lower leg. Everything from the knee downwards is
    grossly swollen and tender to the touch, with very
    dense hematomas - my toes and the sole of my foot are
    entirely black. I am unable to walk and am signed off
    from work.

I am now in the queue to see the Consultant Surgeon.
    This will likely involve a wait of 4 to 6 weeks, and
    if surgery is required probably the same wait again.
    The end result is that I am going to be out of action
    for at best 3 months and probably closer to 6. All
    because of some gormless tit filling their diesel tank
    too high.

As you can probably imagine, I don't have a very
    positive outlook on life at the moment.

I've also had to cancel my Costa Blanca training camp, my first week booked away since 2004. And I missed that trip because of a broken collar bone.
  • vermooten
    Well, it puts my mild cough into perspective.

Manchester Wheelers
  • McBain_v1
    McBain_v1 Posts: 5,237
    Jesus Gavin :shock:

Let's see some pictures of your manky leg :lol:

Hope you get better soon mate :wink:

What do I ride? Now that's an Enigma!
  • meagain
    meagain Posts: 2,331
    Had a bit of a sniffle before Xmas, but as soon as I started getting out first thing every morning again since 1 Jan, been fine! Not one day 2005/6/7 when "poorly" stopped me pedalling.
    See, 50 years of fags IS good for you!
    d.j.
    "Cancel my subscription to the resurrection."
  • on the road
    on the road Posts: 5,631
    I think I must be immune to colds :lol: Not trying to rub it in :wink:
  • Got my virus Xmas Eve and going back to work next week. Had a right outing resulting in some viral eye problems as well. Going to need glasses now. Gone from 20/20 vision to glasses in the space of two months....shitter
    Aka Speccy
    Looking forward to getting out on the bike sometime soon though. Easy rides back to training regime.
  • Rykard
    Rykard Posts: 582
    Got a virus thing myself. Bloody annoying.. Headaches, dizzyness, pressure in the head, eye pain, chills body tender to the touch.. just started 2nd course of antibiotics.

It's strange I seem to get something bad every 2 years around christmas/new year...
    Cheers
    Rich

A Vision of a Champion is someone who is bent over, drenched with sweat, at the point of exhaustion, when no one else is watching.
  • BeaconRuth
    BeaconRuth Posts: 2,086
    Brilliant pic, Vermooten. What a wonderful scowl!

Ruth
  • webbhost
    webbhost Posts: 470
    yep Im lurgying!

Decided to give my bedroom a very good clean 3 days ago.. and dust got everywhere.

What started off as a little bit of sneezing has turned into intense sneezing with a very very sensitive nose, sinuses hurting like F (You adults know the word), and a banging headache.

Not so bad today, but then again I haven't been biking to work and back. Hopefully it'll be done and dusted in the morning!
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,695
    I have this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypermobility_syndrome

Currently walking with a stick and it's keeping me awake at night due to pain. Haven't ridden since October, and all I can think about at the moment is riding my bike again.

As soon as the weather turns slightly (my condition improves the warmer it gets) I'll be out there all the time. Can't wait. :D
  • fossyant
    fossyant Posts: 2,549
    Gavin yours bad.. the rest of you get on with it......

Had a bad chest for a month - still getting on with it, coughing fits after training for a few hours...ah well !!!!
  • Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    After an innocuous little tumble on the way home last Friday, I thought I'd escaped with only a sore elbow and road rash......................then I woke up Thursday morning with a neck so stiff that I could hardly get out of bed.

Saw a physio late Thurs and he tried some acupuncture on my shoulder muscles, but they were so tight he had trouble getting the needles in :shock:

Has eased a bit now but I'm grumpy as hell as I took yesterday off so I could get out on my bike and couldn't even face touching it :twisted:
  • Totalnewbie
    Totalnewbie Posts: 932
    You certainly have my sympathies Gavin, that sounds bad.

i came off two days after you and my fractured elbow isn't great, can't quite do without the sling just yet. No other significant injuries thankfully.
  • Gavin Gilbert
    Gavin Gilbert Posts: 4,019
    You certainly have my sympathies Gavin, that sounds bad.

i came off two days after you and my fractured elbow isn't great, can't quite do without the sling just yet. No other significant injuries thankfully.

To make it really funny I've now found out that 'due to an oversight' I haven't been enrolled as a member on the corporate BUPA scheme. So either I wait an age for NHS treatment (likely of be of dubious quality since it's not viewed as a priority) or I shell out a grand and get the arthroscopy done in Germany or Norway.

The nurses in Oslo will be stunning, but the food will be better in Munich. Choices, choices.....