Criminal Compensation

moscowflyer
moscowflyer Posts: 540
edited March 2008 in The bottom bracket
Has anyone here ever applied for it and received a decision?

Comments

• Harry B
    Harry B Posts: 1,239
    No but I know the process. Depending on what's happened it's not a lot of cash. Civil proceedings, assuming other party has any money, may be a more profitable route
  • spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    Criminal Compensation?
    Do you mean making an application to the Criminal Injuries Compensations Authority or are you referring to compensation awarded via the mags/ crown court as part of sentencing of a criminal after conviction?
    If you clarify what you mean by "criminal compensation" then I can give you some information
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • I got smacked in the face by some drunk youth who fell off the pavement and nearly went under my car. I stopped in time and when I told him I thought he may have been a bit silly, he punched me. I got out of the car and put him back on the floor, followed by his friend. I was stopped by two police officers in an unmarked car who had been following the lads down the road. They arrested the two lad, with a little bit too much force (which was entertaining) and let me go on my merry way. I filled in a statement the next morning and a few months later, got £200.

I bought a new rear wheel for my then GT RTS (the shame!). Middleburn hub with one of those colour changing Mavic Rims. (The Shame!)

Turned out well in the end.

Pointless story, but it still makes me smile!