Disc Brake Issues...

Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet Posts: 1,064
edited February 2008 in MTB workshop & tech
I have Shimano BR465 cable discs, came stock with my bike
Took them apart the other day because they were squealing, sanded the pads of and put it all back together, and its not squealing anymore

But instead, somehting is scratching the rotor. Its only on the side closest to the wheel, and its not one of the pads becuase I've taken them out and swapped them around, as well as trying the pads from my front brake as well.
So I was wondering if anyone has any ideas as to what it is that is scratching the rotor, and what I can do about it?

Cheers

Comments

• dav1
    dav1 Posts: 1,298
    try realiging them and backing off the fixed pad a bit.
    Giant TCR advanced 2 (Summer/race)
    Merlin single malt fixie (Commuter/winter/training)
    Trek superfly 7 (Summer XC)
    Giant Yukon singlespeed conversion (winter MTB/Ice/snow)

Carrera virtuoso - RIP
  • I've tried that, fiddled about with the positioning quite a bit

I would have thought that it's something metal that's scratching the rotor, but I don't have a clue what that could be.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Keep removing things until it shuts up. if when you get to removing the caliper and it shuts up you know it was that. if still there then remove the adaptor. start by removing the pads and spin the wheel.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • The squealing's stopped, its the fact that something is actually scratching the rotor thats the problem now