Aero Wheels Out of True

triathlonstu
triathlonstu Posts: 9
edited February 2008 in Pro race
I have some oldish aero wheels that are in pretty good nick but have some very small wobbles in the rim which due the deep carbon rims and low number of spokes are difficult to get out. Only a mm or so but they are not perfect.

My question is how far from perfect can a deep aero wheel be before it negates the benefits of the deep section?

Comments

• I have some oldish aero wheels that are in pretty good nick but have some very small wobbles in the rim which due the deep carbon rims and low number of spokes are difficult to get out. Only a mm or so but they are not perfect.

My question is how far from perfect can a deep aero wheel be before it negates the benefits of the deep section?

Hi stu - long time no speak!

My answer is don't worry about it. If the wheel is round enough to fit between your brake blocks and you're happy riding it, then the aero properties will not be affected at all.

I've got a very old and very dented set of shamals that date back to when you were in short trousers. I still use them occasionally, and they're still fast wheels.

Cheers, Andy

ps How's oz?
  • I think you have me confused with someone else but thanks for the advice.
  • I think you have me confused with someone else but thanks for the advice.

No probs - you just used the same username as someone else I know... Mind you if I was you I'd pretend not to know me either...

Cheers, Andy
  • terongi
    terongi Posts: 318
    Stu,

You might get more responses if you post this in the Road Gear and Know How section of the forum.