Small business grants for cycling...

Kirky
Kirky Posts: 459
edited February 2008 in Campaign
Hi, not sure if this is the best place to post this thread - so please feel free to move it if you think it should be in another section.

The company I've just started working for want to install bike racks and a shower to our offices - but it will be quite a chunky outlay considering we're an office of 6 people!! Are there any grants available from the government still for encouraging people to cycle to work etc?? I know I'd use it lots, but as I live 16 miles away I really will want a shower when I get here and somewhere safe to lock up my bike!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

KIRKY
Las Vegas Institute of Sport

Comments

• alfablue
    alfablue Posts: 8,497
    Lifecycle is a Bristol-based charity that helps employers and others set up cycling plans, and I believe they have a "Take a stand" scheme offering 2 free Sheffield Stands (that would do for 4 bikes). Unfortunately their web site seems to be having trouble at the moment, but they are on 0117 929 0440.

There is an article about the scheme on Bike Biz
  • The council (I think the county council, Norfolk) here has a scheme to help businesses with stands. Other local authorities may have similar schemes.
  • Hi friends, I live in South Carolina and I was looking for a Bike loan. I was thinking about just getting a loan of about 1/3 of the car just to down pay then finance it and just pay for the little loan and finance monthly. Or should I just get a bike loan to pay for the whole car and just pay the loan monthly. And I’ve had this one job for only about a month, you think they’ll let me get a loan in only a month?