Glasgow riders up for a sunday ride?

acannons
acannons Posts: 16
I've just moved to Glasgow and was wondering if anyone was close to cathcart on the southside up for some Sunday rides?

Comments

• Crapaud
    Crapaud Posts: 2,483
    I'm not too far away, but I usually work until the early hours of Sunday morning. It'd mean I couldn't make an early start.

How far, at what kind of pace and at what speed were you thinking of?
    A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill
  • I am pretty open on when to meet up on Sunday. Pace wise anywhere between 15-20mph I can go faster if need be. Time wise thinking around three hours?
  • http://www.johnstone-wheelers.co.uk/php ... php?t=3466

If you can bunch ride then try this. Only about 20 minute drive to clubrooms from Glasgow. Biggish ride this Sunday. More stuff on our website.

Regards

Alan
  • Thanks for that I will check out the web site
  • Crapaud
    Crapaud Posts: 2,483
    acannons wrote:
    I am pretty open on when to meet up on Sunday. Pace wise anywhere between 15-20mph I can go faster if need be. Time wise thinking around three hours?
    You're too fast for me!

Johnston Wheelers have a good reputation, so probably worth giving a go.

I've been racking my brains for some other possibilities:

There are a number of informal groups locally, but I can't remember the details. You could ask in
      Craig Mcmartin Cycles
      924 Pollockshaws Road
      Glasgow G41 2ET
      0141 6322733

or

Willy Bain's Cycle Repair
      359 Pollokshaws Road
      Glasgow G41 1QT
      Tel: 0141 423 9010

...both are good sources of information.

Also, Glasgow CTC's just started up again. At the moment they're only doing 'easy rides' though (I'll post more on this when I've got more details).
      A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill