we are friendly after all...

dccok2000
dccok2000 Posts: 6
edited February 2008 in The bottom bracket
just a note after ny sunday morning ride through the roads of south london...cyclists are percieved as a rather unfriendly bunch of people but yesterday while on my hyrid i was greeted by everyone that went past(all roadies) - this made my day as i was self threatening to throw in the towel as i failed to conqer the long drag into bromley town but as the ride went better....you will not give up became the motto...
just a word of thanks to the roadies who went past after west wickham and went into the direction of crystal palace..the hellos kept me going and hopefully in the next fortnight and after a service the road bike will make an appearance ...

the smiles will keep you going

dave

Comments

• APIII
    APIII Posts: 2,010
    Maybe it's the thought of spring just around the corner, but yesterday I got a wave or a nod from every rider I met. It was only spoilt by the yob yelling 'loser' out the window of his beamer, but you can't have everything I suppose :)
  • Random Vince
    Random Vince Posts: 11,374
    APIII wrote:
    . It was only spoilt by the yob yelling 'loser' out the window of his beamer, but you can't have everything I suppose :)

i've always assumed that the nutters yelling things from their car's were doing so in warning

i mainly get 'wanker' yelled at me and i always think "thanks for warning me"
    My signature was stolen by a moose

that will be all

trying to get GT James banned since tuesday
  • APIII
    APIII Posts: 2,010
    Agreed, 'wanker' is the more common greeting/warning. However, I realised I'd ventured over the borders into leafy Buckinghamshire, where you find an alltogether more polite yob.
  • geoff_ss
    geoff_ss Posts: 1,201
    I'm glad I don't live in the London area. Here just about every cyclist will give you a nod or a wave. And the A6 is full of cyclists north of Belper at weekends. When we were climbing the Col d'Aubisque last Summer everyone who passed gave a wave and a 'Bon courage'. Might have been because of the grey beard though ;)

Geoff
    Old cyclists never die; they just fit smaller chainrings ... and pedal faster