Revolution 20

Mog Uk
Mog Uk Posts: 964
edited February 2008 in Track
Season finale this coming weekend, anyone going ?

Should be a belter..

Comments

• Eddy S
    Eddy S Posts: 1,013
    Yup, I'll be there 8)
    I’m a sprinter – I warmed up yesterday.
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    I'll be there. My first trip to a track was for Revolution 19, went with my girlfriend, my Dad and his wife and we all had a fantastic night out. My girlfriend has to work this time, so just the three of us are going, but she was quite disappointed to miss it.
  • trio25
    trio25 Posts: 300
    I'll be there, been to all of them this season and they've all been great.
  • NervexProf
    NervexProf Posts: 4,202
    Seeing 'Jonno' versus Geoff Thomas should be exciting:

http://tinyurl.com/32lox9
    Common sense in an uncommon degree is what the world calls wisdom
  • big battle with the sprinters - www.velodrome.org.uk/rev20ts.html

http://www.velodromeshop.org.uk - Track Cycling Shop from Velodrome.org.uk - Casco, Bont Shoes, Dolan, Campag, Reflex Nutrition, Sugino and more
    http://www.sportstrainingsolutions.com - Cycling and Sports Therapy in Mallorca
  • graeme_s-2
    Why isn't Victoria Pendleton listed as a "Star Rider" on this page:

http://www.cyclingrevolution.com/conten ... 65321BF7CA

She's the current Sprint, Keirin and Team sprint world champion, which strikes me as being a little more impressive than star rider Mickael D’Almeida who's listed as a "French Sprinter". In fact, her achievements seem slightly more impressive than any of the riders who are listed. Surely she's more than earned her "Star Rider" billing in that company?
  • Babbsy
    Babbsy Posts: 197
    Will this be on TV, either live or a highlights package?
    <font><font>I know that you believe that you understand what you think I said but I am not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant.</font></font>
  • Eddy S
    Babbsy wrote:
    Will this be on TV, either live or a highlights package?
    Highlights BUT only if you have access to Channel M.

The Revolution highlight programmes are also available online @ http://www.channelm.co.uk
  • BeaconRuth
    BeaconRuth Posts: 2,086
    Graeme_S wrote:
    Why isn't Victoria Pendleton listed as a "Star Rider" on this page:

http://www.cyclingrevolution.com/conten ... 65321BF7CA

She's the current Sprint, Keirin and Team sprint world champion, which strikes me as being a little more impressive than star rider Mickael D’Almeida who's listed as a "French Sprinter". In fact, her achievements seem slightly more impressive than any of the riders who are listed. Surely she's more than earned her "Star Rider" billing in that company?
    She's at the bottom if you scroll down. Not sure why she should be at the bottom but at least she's there.

Ruth
  • graeme_s-2
    BeaconRuth wrote:
    She's at the bottom if you scroll down. Not sure why she should be at the bottom but at least she's there.

Ruth

They've added her on since I posted this. I emailed them asking the same question just before I posted here. They've obviously corrected their oversight ;)
  • BeaconRuth
    Well done to you then! Nice to know you can make a difference innit? :wink:

Interesting and sobering that the people responsible for the website didn't have Pendleton in their minds as a "star rider" though...................... for so many guys women riders just don't even get on the radar. :cry:

Ruth
  • Eddy S
    BeaconRuth wrote:
    ...................... for so many guys women riders just don't even get on the radar. :cry:

Ruth
    Ruth,

I think you know that this is not the attitude of all guys. Sadly, women’s racing is treated by many just like track racing. Look how few of us generate posts and traffic in those two sections of the forum.

I was going post some observations/stuff from the last two World Cups but there seems to be so little interest that I decided at the time to keep my thoughts to myself:

- I wonder how many noticed the Gold medals won by British women in Copenhagen?

- Did anyone notice that Marianne Vos raced the Individual Pursuit in LA and the Keirin in Copenhagen (on top a Gold in the Scratch and 11th in the Points) as she ‘tries out’ what works for her on the track?

I don’t know how we turn this situation around… :roll:

So, it’s the last Revolution of the series and you’re still haven’t been to one this season. You need a very good excuse…! :?: :wink:

Anyway, I need to get on the road to Manchester. 8)
  • BeaconRuth
    Eddy S wrote:
    I think you know that this is not the attitude of all guys. Sadly, women’s racing is treated by many just like track racing. Look how few of us generate posts and traffic in those two sections of the forum.
    Yes, I do know it's not the attitude of everyone. There are 'centres of excellence' with respect to treating women completely equally, of which I think British Cycling - or at least the public face of British Cycling - is one. And the Revolution Series does do a fair job for the women track cyclists I think. Who would ever have thought that junior and youth women would get the chance to compete in front of and be applauded by such a large crowd as at the Revolution events? 10 or 15 years ago you wouldn't have found that many girls taking part in track racing in the whole country, let alone ones who are so fit and skilled as the current female Future Stars.
    I was going post some observations/stuff from the last two World Cups but there seems to be so little interest that I decided at the time to keep my thoughts to myself:

- I wonder how many noticed the Gold medals won by British women in Copenhagen?

- Did anyone notice that Marianne Vos raced the Individual Pursuit in LA and the Keirin in Copenhagen (on top a Gold in the Scratch and 11th in the Points) as she ‘tries out’ what works for her on the track?
    I always follow what the Brits are up to but admittedly I wasn't aware of just how many different events Vos had been trying out. What did she do in the pursuit? I like to follow what Rebecca Romero and Wendy H are up to as I've competed against them on the road.
    I don’t know how we turn this situation around… :roll:
    You would hope that British success would generate more interest in the track - but I'm struggling to think how the British track squad could be more successful. Maybe as the UK gets a few more world-class velodromes and participation in the sport increases, more people will take an interest. It's never going to be a sport of mass participation though is it?
    So, it’s the last Revolution of the series and you’re still haven’t been to one this season. You need a very good excuse…! :?: :wink:
    Yeah, well, erm............... inertia, nobody I particularly want to go with, too much work and training of my own................ feeble excuses.......... but as I sit here with my legs pulverised by today's training and the thought of a very long ride tomorrow, I'm quite glad I'm here and not there. Sorry to disappoint.

Ruth
  • Mog Uk
    Mog Uk Posts: 964
    Great nights entertainment as usual, a few pictures that I took.......

258272049_R2tNe-M.jpg

258272504_LRrGi-M.jpg

258271523_PUpkf-M.jpg

258271443_5Zvkj-M.jpg

258271457_r9L2v-M.jpg
  • NervexProf
    NervexProf Posts: 4,202
    Full report here:
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/track.php?id ... lution2008

I love the nickname for Vicky Pendleton as ' Queen Victoria' in the pic gallery.

Sounds like it was a cracking night with a full house.
    Common sense in an uncommon degree is what the world calls wisdom