Sinkewitz could face jail time

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited February 2008 in Pro race
http://www.bikeradar.com/road/news/arti ... time-14655

So, is he going to give up Mick Rogers and half of Quick.Step and Gerolsteiner now?

Or will he be a man and do his bird?
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• iainf72 wrote:
    http://www.bikeradar.com/road/news/article/sinkewitz-may-face-jail-time-14655

So, is he going to give up Mick Rogers and half of Quick.Step and Gerolsteiner now?

If he does I bet Stapleton will wish he had never dabbled in cycling
  • iainf72
    celbianchi wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:

If he does I bet Stapleton will wish he had never dabbled in cycling

Yep - Bob knows something though, because as CFA pointed out they're giving MR a low profile. I think for all his bluster and "we're behind Mick", he knows something is rotten.

He better practise looking disappointed and saying "I can't believe he decieved me - He promised he only got training programs from Dr Ferrari"
  • Ah, whatever happens to Rogers, they'll still love him in Australia. Just look at Neil Stephens' career after retirement.
  • grimpeur
    grimpeur Posts: 230
    If something does come out I hope High Road get dropped from the Tour de France this year, there can't be one law for Astana and another for team 'Holier than thou'.
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    iainf72 wrote:

Surely a real man would fess up and do some good for the sport. It would fork his career up royal, but if we're just talking about being a man here, then its the thing to do.
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • iainf72
    Timoid. wrote:

Surely a real man would fess up and do some good for the sport. It would fork his career up royal, but if we're just talking about being a man here, then its the thing to do.

What good would it do the sport, in real terms?
  • ian222
    ian222 Posts: 95
    :lol:

The only good it would do is to help clean the sport up!

In real terms, actions like this would help secure its long term future.
  • iainf72
    ian222 wrote:
    :lol:

The only good it would do is to help clean the sport up!

In real terms, actions like this would help secure its long term future.

That's my question - How would it help clean the sport up?
  • drenkrom
    drenkrom Posts: 1,062
    I hope Stinkewitz is not deluded enough to think the cycling career he was promised will ever pan out. The best he could do is talk and think about a new career direction.

Bob at least has the excuse that he's new to the neighbourhood. Lefévère should be sh!tting bricks, though I thinks he's too full of himself for that.
  • iainf72
    drenkrom wrote:
    Bob at least has the excuse that he's new to the neighbourhood. Lefévère should be sh!tting bricks, though I thinks he's too full of himself for that.

Ahhh yes, the wide eyed "oh, I'm new, I don't know" I can't believe Bob's ignorance is somehow used as an excuse. If he'd approached the telecoms business as half cocked as he's approached cycling he'd be working in an AT&T call centre about now.

Lefervere though, knows the score, so I doubt he's too worried.