New riding 'shoes'

Yamanu
Yamanu Posts: 14
edited February 2008 in MTB beginners
I'm new to offroad/DH riding. So far i've driven with random footwear... I've seen some pro shoes for mountain bikers on the shop which stick to the pedals. Just wondering are there any special shoes ment for downhill / random offroad riding or you all ride with random footwear(like with some DC's or VANS')?

my bike is gt chucker 2.0 from 2005 and it has default pedals.

Comments

• papasmurf.
    papasmurf. Posts: 2,382
    with flats any grippy soled shoe is fine, alot of people use skate style shoes, you can get specific mtb ones aswell.
  • Steve_b77
    Steve_b77 Posts: 1,680
    I have these :arrow: 17844.jpg

They're Marzocchi Bomber FiveTens, mega sticky sole designed for using with flat pedals
  • I ride in etnies or DC's...

I have like 12 pairs.... :lol: :oops:
    MySpace
    All fur coat and no knickers....
  • i ride in vans, i find the tread pattern on DC doesnt seem to "stick" to the pedals where as vans, grips the pins lovely :)

thats good cos then i can save my dc's for good days, bit of a dc freak!

do like the look of the mazzy five tens tho....i can feel parting with cash coming on....
    Bike obsessed/adrenaline junkie/racer/idiot
    2011 orange crush
    NS surge custom build ( for sale)
    GT power series 24 bmx race bike
    2010 Verde Vex BMX
  • i ride in vans, i find the tread pattern on DC doesnt seem to "stick" to the pedals where as vans, grips the pins lovely :)

do like the look of the mazzy five tens tho....i can feel parting with cash coming on....

I have 5 pairs of DC's...

:lol:
    MySpace
    All fur coat and no knickers....
  • Steve_b77
    Steve_b77 Posts: 1,680
    i ride in vans, i find the tread pattern on DC doesnt seem to "stick" to the pedals where as vans, grips the pins lovely :)

They're almost too nice to wear on yer bike, I'm contemplating getting another pair for general wear :lol:

All this 'cos I won't get my collection of Nikes dirty :?