white rose classic website

suze
suze Posts: 302
Is anyone else struggling to get onto the white rose classic web site, is it down.

Suze
�3 grand bike...30 Bob legs....Slowing with style

Comments

• Still down at moment. Was working last week.
  • Dave L
    Dave L Posts: 251
    Works for me, though it now redirects to the British Cycling site.
    Dave
  • bobh
    bobh Posts: 163
    Hi Guys

We are transfering the site onto a new platform and have hit a technical snag. Should be sorted in the next day or so, sorry about this

Bob H
  • nickwill
    nickwill Posts: 2,735
    There only seems to be a partial list of entrants. I have entered and previously my entry was listed, but not now!.
    Before the site migrated, there was a list of online entries and a separate list of postal entries. I'm wondering if only the postal entries are displayed.
    Can someone from the organisers reassure me. I don't want all my training to go to waste!
  • timcla
    timcla Posts: 88
    I to have enteredwith my name on the old web site , but now its gone ??????????
    fitness is for life
  • andy_wrx
    andy_wrx Posts: 3,396
    <smug>
    Well I'm listed
    <\smug>

<not-so-smug>
    Now all I have to do is 185 hilly Km in 7-and-a-bit hours...
    <\not-so-smug>
  • ash68
    ash68 Posts: 320
    bugger!!!! just checked and I'm not on the new list either.Hope it's just a technical hitch. :(
  • ash68
    ash68 Posts: 320
    Just checked the entry list again and it's grown overnight. Lots more names on and I'm one of them. :lol:
  • nickwill
    ash68 wrote:
    Just checked the entry list again and it's grown overnight. Lots more names on and I'm one of them. :lol:
    I'm listed again. :)
  • nickwill
    The website seems to be down again!
  • Don't know why but i always start to get a bit distrustful of events when the website keeps changing host or disappearing.

i couldnt get on yesterday, re assure me someone please...
  • hugo15
    hugo15 Posts: 1,101
    Down for me too, though the BC Yorkshire site is working.
  • Booboocp
    Booboocp Posts: 1,156
    The website has had quite an overhaul, but does now have a full list of online and postal entries, which I update regularly.

As we get nearer the date there is one thing that I would like to sort though. I am still not allowed on the Cyclosport UK forums, despite asking Mark Harding personally to let me on. He knows I'm not interested in all the politics going on, but still bans me (would like to be told why?).

So can anyone who dares (who feels they will not be removed from the site) please advise people on there that I'm not allowed on. I worry that questions asked about the White Rose going un-answered by myself will be seen as me not caring, which is far from the truth.

Thanks and see you in June.

Derek Boocock (booboo)
    Organiser
    White Rose Classic
    <b>Event Website:</b> http://www.whiteroseclassic.co.uk
  • Booboocp
    Booboocp Posts: 1,156
    Further to the above, a friend has just asked innocently why I'm not allowed on and his post has been removed.

Mark Harding even tries to give the impression I don't want to post and is clearly misleading people.

Be careful, or you may get barred too.
    <b>Event Website:</b> http://www.whiteroseclassic.co.uk
  • ricadus
    ricadus Posts: 2,379
    I can't even log on, as the new website asks for info I don't have.
  • andy_wrx
    The new Cyclosport website is sending me 'there's been a reply to your post' emails, about 15 a day, even though I've never subscribed to any threads on there.

I've set my spam filter to block them, am tempted to do the same with any emails from there, as they're almost all sponsors advertising...

It provides a useful sportives list, but...

----

BTW, good to hear from you Derek. All the best.
  • nickwill
    The site still seems to be down!

Booboo, I'm delighted to see that you are still organizing the event.
    I'm looking forward to the suffering again. :?
    I found it my hardest event of last year.
  • bobh
    Sorry about this everyone.

We are undertaking a complete re-vamp of the BC Yorkshire website that has meant porting the old links acoss to it, the White Rose link is causing a few problems that we need to resolve. Our website Project Manager Matt Payne is currently to be seen sporting a Walkie Talkie at the Worlds and so in truth it may be early next week before the problem is resolved. In the meantime the entries are all logged and the data base is unaffected..

I can however confirm that the link to our other Sportive the Ryedale Rumble www.ryedalerumble.co.uk is fully functioning and there is still plenty of scope for entering.

Regards

Bob Howden
    Chairman
    BC Yorkshire
  • bobh
    Hi folks

We are still struggling with the www.whiteroseclassic.co.uk URL but you can access the site via the link from www.bcyorkshire.co.uk

Regards

Bob Howden
  • SeanT
    SeanT Posts: 51
    Hi Bob

Sorry to contact you through this forum, I couldn’t find your contact details on the web site.

I can't see my name (Sean Turner), and Club mate Chris Westerman on the entry list. You previously confirmed our postal entries on this forum, but we don’t seem to have made the official list.

Regards

Sean.
  • bobh
    Sean

I check your details out with Derek Boocock who has the full rider list and pm you a reply

Bob Howden
  • andy_wrx
    I'm not on the list either, although have been listed previously.

...but...look at the top of the list and it says 'entered online' - must be a list of online entries only and not (yet, hopefully !) include postal entries.
  • stumpy paul
    stumpy paul Posts: 197
    Does anyone know if there are places still available?

Ta
  • nickwill
    I think the long route is full, I don't know about the shorter options.
  • bobh
    Space is still available in the shortest of the three routes
  • scak456
    scak456 Posts: 55
    Still can't seem to access the website

Any got a map for the shortest route?

Have already entered and fancy doing a recce.

Cheers
    SK
  • FCE2007
    FCE2007 Posts: 925