Road Rage Plan of Action...

varno
varno Posts: 52
edited February 2008 in Pro race
I reckon the roads are worse than ever and they will continue to become more dangerous for us all...Im not sure what the answer to this is, but ive playing with an idea...

I thinking of setting up a web site (not what its domian will be yet) that allows riders to log road incidents.

IE, location, car type, reg number, type of issue, action taken etc..

This can then be logged and having spoken to a senior police officer mate of mine can be viewed to see common offenders, trouble spots, road issues etc. I can fully understand that its hard to get all of this detail, but instead gesteculating with no effect, try and get the details and report them.

I would be interested to hear comments back on (no d!ck heads please) and see how it may help us all in our quests for retribution, increased safety..

V.

Comments

• This site was originally based on a similar idea and has been going for years.

http://www.ragingbike.co.uk/incidents/
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    varno wrote:
    I reckon the roads are worse than ever and they will continue to become more dangerous for us all...Im not sure what the answer to this is, but ive playing with an idea...

I thinking of setting up a web site (not what its domian will be yet) that allows riders to log road incidents.

This can then be logged and having spoken to a senior police officer mate of mine can be viewed to see common offenders, trouble spots, road issues etc. I can fully understand that its hard to get all of this detail, but instead gesteculating with no effect, try and get the details and report them.

I would be interested to hear comments back on (no d!ck heads please) and see how it may help us all in our quests for retribution, increased safety..

V.

shouldn't this be in commuting?

Strava is not Zen.
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    varno wrote:

V.

shouldn't this be in commuting?

Strava is not Zen.
  • vermooten
    vermooten Posts: 2,697
    Might find yourself in a few legal difficulties - if I were identified as a bad driver I'd demand evidence to back up the slur on my good character etc etc

Agreed this shoudln't be in the race forum but it's an interesting idea.
    You just have to ride like you never have to breathe again.

Manchester Wheelers
  • Rykard
    Rykard Posts: 582
    I think what the OP is suggesting is that the web site would show areas where there are a large number of incidents and that the police could then concentrate on these areas , rather than identifying culprits. Well that's the way I read it...
    Cheers
    Rich

A Vision of a Champion is someone who is bent over, drenched with sweat, at the point of exhaustion, when no one else is watching.
  • terongi
    terongi Posts: 318
    vermooten wrote:
    Might find yourself in a few legal difficulties - if I were identified as a bad driver I'd demand evidence to back up the slur on my good character etc etc

Agreed this shoudln't be in the race forum but it's an interesting idea.

No legal difficulties at all.

If the driver demanded evidence, the evidence would be the statements of all the people who logged incidents which they witnessed/suffered first hand.

Why should the witnesses be disbelieved? As long as the driver is unable to show that they are all people he knows with a personal grudge.
  • vermooten
    vermooten Posts: 2,697
    Rykard wrote:
    I think what the OP is suggesting is that the web site would show areas where there are a large number of incidents ...
    Like this maybe?
    http://www.manchesterfoe.org.uk/lyb/bla ... ow_all.php
    You just have to ride like you never have to breathe again.

Manchester Wheelers