Powder coat?

GaryGkn
GaryGkn Posts: 1,199
edited February 2008 in Road general
I am looking to get a Raleigh Twenty powder coated either in London or at a push the East Midlands. Does anyone have any recommendations?

The project does not really warrant a Mercian job that you might treat a special historic light weight to but at the same time I don't want something useless. Also doesn't strictly have to be powder coat. I only want black so enamel would also be an option.

Comments

• I have to say I prefer paint or enamel to powder coat.
  • bagpusscp
    bagpusscp Posts: 2,907
    Derby sparyers on Alfreton road £ 50/ 60 all in .
    bagpuss
  • What about Vaz. I've heard he's not up to Argos or Mercian standard but their prices are really competative.
  • GaryGkn
    Vaz quote £80.

The Raleigh Twenty isn't a precious bike and I normally wouldn't go for a powder coat on any bike but I figured as it was going to be folded and put in the car etc that powder coat ugly as it is might be the most durable route.

Quite like the sound of £50-60 after hearing £80.

Does anyone else think I should avoid the powder coat route?
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,112
    I'd read this over on londonfgss before I used Vaz. The guys over there use a place called Armortex in Hackney who charge about £40 for single powder coat of a frame. I don't have contact details for them though.
  • GaryGkn
    Thanks Andyp good to know. I sent them an email last night. Hopefully they can do it for £40. I now will persist in tracking them down.
  • meagain
    meagain Posts: 2,331
    For that bike and intended use I reckon powder coat the best option.
    d.j.
    "Cancel my subscription to the resurrection."