REBA -/+

zeng
zeng Posts: 17
edited February 2008 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi guys.. I come across one very gd post on how to adjust the -/+ air for REBA. Cant find it. I wonder if any of u guys kept the link. TKS

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    well it is a simple fork.

the + adjusts the sag and the neg adjusts the feel.

set sag and then set the neg to about the same and tweek.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    Put a zip tie round the stanchion, push it down till it is against the seal. Sit on the bike and measure how far the zip tie moves, this is the sag play around with the air pressure till you have about 20 to 25 mm of sag. If you ridemostly smooth tracks 20mm okay, if you like riding over rough go for 25mm. Set the negative air to the same pressure, set rebound adjuster to roughly middle setting and go ride.
    Take your shock pump with you find a nice stretch of track that you can ride again and again and start to play with the negative air pressure. More negative air means softer fork ( I know it seems stupid to raise pressure and get softer ride) when you have got an air setting that absorbs the bumps just right for your tastes you can then play with the rebound settings.
    Dont make 2 adjustments at the same time or you will confuse your self when you have got the settings right, write them down for future reference and go and enjoy yourself :D
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap