Cranks and 24" wheels

mistercrabb
mistercrabb Posts: 61
edited February 2008 in MTB workshop & tech
Anyway, i recently got a new frame (cannondale chase), and happily set it up with my 24" wheels. Anyway, it seems that the frame has a low bb, because my cranks (7" Truvativ Hussefelts), are long enough to cause the pedals to hit the ground when im cornering.
So.. i either need new 26" wheels or smaller cranks.

New wheels will be expensive (They are halo tornados, about £60 each new i believe), so i would prefer new cranks, 6" long (about 155mm) to counterract the difference in wheel size.

Its been fun trying to find some on the internet..
Will these work: http://chainreactioncycles.com/Models.a ... elID=19827
?
I know they say they are for bmx racing, but they use an ISIS drive, which the truvativ hussefelts are apparenty on, so would they work?

What are my options? :D
Thanks

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    not a good idea.

but what hussefelts are they? do they say howitzer on them?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Ah, i thought not.
    I was very tired when i saw those cranks :)

Im not sure what hussefelts they are, ill have a look in a few hours when i get turfed off the computer.

One of my friends recommended 165mm cranks, and he said it would make quite a lot of difference, even though its only about 10mm less.

Ill keep looking i guess.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    the problem you have is this. the frame and the wheels.

it is designed for 26" wheels.

and with 26" wheels the bb is already low, some people say too low.

TBH either sell the frame or the wheels.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown