Nee Naww nee nawwww

Mithras
Mithras Posts: 428
edited February 2008 in Campaign
Well I've finally started the best job in the world. Being paid to ride a bike all day and make peoples lives a misery, no sorry improve the quality of life for law abiding people.
On Monday I started as a neighbourhood bobby, fettled my clapped out Claude Buttler Rock and started riding around my local area persecuting, harrasing and generally anoying those who would break the law. Also making the local population feel secure by my hi visibility presence.
I knew the bikes would be good but didn't realise how good a tool until this week.
Result!
I can afford to talk softly!....................I carry a big stick!

Comments

• redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Do you make the nee naw sound yourself?? Do you get some Blues & Twos when you get promoted?
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Cunobelin
    Cunobelin Posts: 11,792
    I thought you were talking about the newsreader Nina Nana...

I
    <b><i>He that buys land buys many stones.
    He that buys flesh buys many bones.
    He that buys eggs buys many shells,
    But he that buys good beer buys nothing else.</b></i>
    (Unattributed Trad.)
  • Mithras
    redvee.....trying to find someway to get the force to shell out £175 quid for some.
    www.cyclesiren.com
    Cunobelin....New glasses or read slower....
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    That would be cool for the commute :lol: .Tthough I somehow think it wouldn't be legal :cry:
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • peanut
    peanut Posts: 1,373
    nowden nowden nowden wot's all dis goin on earden.? Is this yor bike sah ? :shock: :lol:

do you have to shave your legs ? hee hee.
    sorry couldn't resist. The mental picture of you cruisin the streets with your trousers rolled up like Monty Python was too much.

Sounds like the perfect job to me . Good luck
  • Mithras
    If they don't let me get all the right kit for the bike I'm going to get one of those fake custodian helmets with the flashing blue light on top and wear it until I embarrass the force into providing suitable atire and equipment.
  • Perhaps I shouldn't be admitting this, but here goes...

I was out late summer around the local country park and set off home as it was getting dark. As I was leaving there was the usual group of young kids that just can't help themselves with the "keep pedalling", "nice helmet" type comments. Only young kids, not gangsta's in waiting.

Anyway, about 20 yards down the road I suddenly remembered my cheapy Argos front light I had at the time had 3 settings, white, white flashing, and for some totally illegal reason BLUE led flashing ! I thought I'd have some fun with them.

I spun the bike around and switched to BLUE :P

You should have seen there little faces ! I proceeded to give them a stern talking too and told them to be "on there way". I swear one of them actually said "sorry officer", although I never actually said I was a police officer :lol:

I don't know how I managed to pedal away without falling off from laughing :P

The power of a high vis jacket and a blue flashing light