Crank Length...

Dilker
Dilker Posts: 88
edited February 2008 in XC and Enduro
Forgive this somewhat dim whitted question...

I'm looking to upgrade my cranks... I currently have LX 175's... would there be a problem with going down to 170?? As i've just picked up a FSA K-Force Crankset for a bargin on ebay from the US...

Is the answer(forgive me for this) as simple as increasing my seat height by 5mm??
'to give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift' Steve Prefontaine

"When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race" H.G.Wells

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Shouldnt be a big problem. You might need either some small front rings to compensate, or some larger rear ones.
  • Or have a shameless excuse to start spinning a little quicker.
  • jayson
    jayson Posts: 4,606
    Unless ur a pro roadie or a team sponsored rider that does nothin but ride all day everyday then most normal riders wouldnt notice a 5mm crank length difference if they weren't told about it before hand.
  • Dilker
    Dilker Posts: 88
    Thanks for the response. It's just arrived... with one arm 170 and the other 175... nightmare.

I got in contact with the seller and they were actually great. The other(correct arm is on it's way) I wasn't to bothered by the mistake actually. I'm awaiting delivery of some other bits. I'll put them all on at the same time. Looking forward to riding it though. Looks sweet.
    'to give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift' Steve Prefontaine

"When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race" H.G.Wells