Six Nations!

big_southern_jesse
big_southern_jesse Posts: 729
edited February 2008 in The Crudcatcher
Coverage starts 2pm Saturday, England v. Wales kick off at 4.30pm.

Looks like it's a pretty open tournament this year.
    England I still don't trust to play as they should, and I really don't trust Ashton. France you just can't tell. Italy are getting stronger every year. Scotland have been building a bright young team the last few years. Ireland have a lot to make up for after the World Cup. Ospreys ( :shock: ) are a great club side and should be very cohesive on the pitch.
I'm just looking forward to seeing some of the new guys play, especially Strettle and Tom Croft :D .

With the weather forecast as it is for this weekend, they'll be a lot of people watching and Sheridan should have a whale of a time! :D
Proved by testing to be faster than a badger.
The world's ultimate marmite bike

Comments

• warm18
    warm18 Posts: 341
    well we finally get some decent sport on tv for a change, cant wait for the 6 nations to begin. better be back in time for the start of the england game after the ride!
  • Hey, and it's on the BBC too. Possibly the only people who can still do sports coverage properly.
    During the world cup which was shown on ITV, we always had the volume muted and the BBC radio commentary on.
  • Bring it on! :D

Can't wait! bring on them taffs! :lol:

http://gottahurt.pinkbike.com/album/Kona-McRea/
  • Should be a good game.

I just wish someone would persuade Sackey to go and play football! I'm sure it's where he belongs.
  • Jimbob_no5
    Jimbob_no5 Posts: 1,568
    spring, a brilliant time for sports, six nations and moto gp starts soon.
    Pinkbike

I believe in only 2 things in life.
    1) Drink is not my friend
    2) D-Locking cnuts ;)
  • spring, a brilliant time for sports, six nations and moto gp starts soon.

Kin right! Bring on moto gp!...lets see if Stoner can handle the pressure this year! :shock:

• Jimbob_no5
    need rossi back on form, will make it a great season with plenty of neck and neck action again. did u see that huge crash at donny last year i think it was?? locked the front wheel and flipped it taking it out like 5 others and seriously injuring his leg
    Pinkbike

2) D-Locking cnuts ;)
  • Would be nice to have an open season this year, a few of them under performed last year...Mr. Rossi....3rd! Be back with a vengence this year i think! :shock:

• Jimbob_no5
    he better be, stoner had it in the bag last year with rossi not performing aswell as he can
    Pinkbike

2) D-Locking cnuts ;)
  • I think Rossi will go hell 4 leather, then quit...go into rally, mind you...he's pretty good at that...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohf-BVtIHGA

Thats quite old now!

• Shite link diddn't come out :oops:

That was Rossi racing McRea!

• pete236
    pete236 Posts: 204
    Arrgh, Rossi is just a motorsport genius!! Tested Schumachers F1 car a few years ago - 1st time out after a few laps he was within 2 seconds of Schumachers best time! Schumacher had the nerve to say that he could do the same on Rossi's GP bike . . . . . er . . . no!!!

Bring on the 6 nations! Get the darts and snooker off! I hope we play against France - just to give us another oppertunity of beating them!

One fine day in the middle of the night, two dead men got up to fight. Back to back they faced each other, drew their swords and shot each other.
  • Pete236 wrote:
    I hope we play against France - just to give us another oppertunity of beating them!

Don't worry Pete, everyone plays everyone else in the Six Nations, it's a league rather than knock-out type of thing.

When the French game is on, listen out for the commentators using the following line referring to the sometimes poor and sometimes outstanding performances :

"Of course, you never know which French side will turn up on the day...."

I've won about six pints by betting on that line being said at the beginning of a game! :D
  • i think we should stand a chance TBH there are some great young players in the team that need a chance to show what they can do.
    an i think you should give sackey a bit of slack, cos he aint perfect but hes come on a long way since his first internationals! he misses tackles some of the time but he has a habit of spotting a gap and running straight through it.
    !!COME ON ENGLAND!!
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Well.... done.... England. Rule number one: keep the fecking ball.
  • What happened? The game was ours, they were beaten...the most unbelieveable 40 mins i've seen! :oops:

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    How to surrender, English style!
  • 1340jas
    1340jas Posts: 217
    The expression game of two halfs could not have been more apt.
    I'll be up at cwm carn in the morning to offer condolence to all the English who turn up.
    Being 100% Welsh i have already got my money on france for the campionship.
  • Jimbob_no5
    england played crap!!

watching scotland tomorrow seen as i live up there now, with all the sweet trails and snow :D
    Pinkbike

2) D-Locking cnuts ;)
  • BlackSpur
    BlackSpur Posts: 4,228
    I have never seen a team f*** up so badly at the end of a match - that was quite simply appalling.
    "Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling." ~James E. Starrs
  • Hey Mike, you were right, Sackey has improved a lot.

It was awful to watch Strettle go off so early, I still think he'll be one to watch for the next few years.

Balshaw really should be let go now. Every couple of years he gets on good club form, the give him a go at international level, and he just doesn't seem to cope.

I think the really problem was Ashton leaving out Matthew Tait and Josh Lewsey. We really needed some experience to come in to the back three to firm up the defense, and there was no one there to do it. We lost Tindall, and then had no practised heads at the back at all.

Oh well, all credit to Wales for turning a pretty poor first half around and really gunnning for us the second.

roll on next week, when we get to watch England collapse again :shock:
  • Hey England may have played crap, but you can’t take that away from the men in red, it still took a lot of belief to come back from 10 points down and I loved every second of it! :) cymru am byth!
    Specailized Enduro 08 - Beast
    OnOne 456
  • Absolutley right, we didn't get a look at the ball in the second half!
  • BlackSpur
    I think Lewsey should go in at fullback - Balshaw really was pretty bad. The Welsh forwards really had a cracking second half though, and full credit to Wales for turning that game around (even if the were giving a bit of a helping hand from a few men in white!).
  • No-one mentioned Vainikolo? Being a Bradford Bulls fan (thats a team from the proper version of Rugby) I was pleased to see him do well in the game.
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    _44400256_wales.jpg
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • And you can now re-read the whole of this page, just substituting Italy for Wales.

And further to my comment above, Sackey had another good game, he really has firmed up in defense and fighting for the ball.

Shame Ashton is still a complete muppet! :evil: Why on earth do you substitute two very experienced half backs for two rookies at that stage of the game. What we really needed was stability, not some new type of play. The management of the team has been a nightmare for a very long time now!

We're just very lucky Italt had no real kicking game and were missing Marco Bortolami, otherwise the lineouts would have been much harder work too!

Oh well, There was the odd spark to enjoy!
  • JinjaNinja
    JinjaNinja Posts: 1,033
    C'mon the red boyo's... France is our only problem if you ask me :)
    logo.jpg
  • BlackSpur
    And you can now re-read the whole of this page, just substituting Italy for Wales.

And further to my comment above, Sackey had another good game, he really has firmed up in defense and fighting for the ball.

Shame Ashton is still a complete muppet! :evil: Why on earth do you substitute two very experienced half backs for two rookies at that stage of the game. What we really needed was stability, not some new type of play. The management of the team has been a nightmare for a very long time now!

We're just very lucky Italt had no real kicking game and were missing Marco Bortolami, otherwise the lineouts would have been much harder work too!

Oh well, There was the odd spark to enjoy!

Just got back from two weeks skiing in the States, and WTF?! England won? Wasn't expecting that after the 2nd half performance against Wales.