Relative Achievement!

meagain
meagain Posts: 2,331
edited February 2008 in The bottom bracket
As I struggle to regain even a low level of fitness, set a modest target of 150 miles pedalling for January. In the event, 310 so quite pleased!

I must do more, I must do more...
d.j.
"Cancel my subscription to the resurrection."

Comments

• bagpusscp
    bagpusscp Posts: 2,907
    meagain wrote:
    As I struggle to regain even a low level of fitness, set a modest target of 150 miles pedalling for January. In the event, 310 so quite pleased!

Well done Dave . It's a 350 more than me :oops:
    bagpuss
  • popette
    popette Posts: 2,089
    meagain wrote:

I did exactly 310 too - were you following me? :wink:
  • Well done :) comfortably beats my 220-odd.
  • meagain
    "I did exactly 310 too - were you following me?"

As far as I know, 'fraid not - and if you look ANYTHING like your avatar, I think even I might have noticed!

Nil miles yesterday (6 out of my 9 remaining - as was - teeth removed in the a.m. and a new plate thing, so wasn't feling at my best). 16 very windy ones today, And a relative pressure interface thing in one of the round bits! Pah!
    d.j.
  • should get extra bonus miles for the windy rides - I certainly felt the burn in my legs after riding home into the gusty headwind last night!
  • ChrisLS
    ChrisLS Posts: 2,749
    ...420 miles for me, mostly commuting...
    ...all the way...'til the wheels fall off and burn...
  • Top stuff guys - a recurrence of a back injury has kept me off of the bike for 2 weeks :( Stuck on a measly 239 miles for the period 2/1 - 18/1 inc...pah!
  • bagpusscp
    bagpusscp Posts: 2,907
    HHHMMMM the only thing that has increased is my waist line . :shock:

PS Dave :D hows the mouth :twisted:
    bagpuss
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    I've only done about 240 miles this January, didn't get on the bike until the 7th. Only went on Journeys with destinations - work, home and a visit to my sisters, so no "proper training rides" for me.

As soon as summer comes I'm going to be looking for triple figures a week (hopefully 210 a week - but we'll see), before I go back to uni in September.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • Mog Uk
    Mog Uk Posts: 964
    470 this month which I'm pleased with, although with the current weather it feels double that.... :?

Hopefully should start to increase the mileage now I've got my arse in gear and joined a club.
  • meagain
    "PS Dave hows the mouth"

Sore. Suppose not a sensible move to take a file to the dentures to make then fit better? Or a shim? No? Back to the tooth puller Monday then I think...

Just think, Paul, if you gave me some of the bikes....you'd have time to ride the rest!
    d.j.
  • I reckon about 570 since 5 Jan. I did over 1500 miles during January one year but that was when I was commuting.