Hope LED lights best price!

scotttomo
scotttomo Posts: 531
edited February 2008 in MTB buying advice
So after much deliberation and copious reading of reviews and such i've decided to get some hope leds as i want to see what this night riding lark is all about :lol: . They'll also be used to commute too as i work shifts :( .
I'm after just the standard 5w ones with the one battery or maybe the vision 1 but i cant find any posts concerneing the vision 1. How does it compare to the vision 2?
After some looking around i was wondering if the vision 2 can be got anywhere for less than 152 quid. And the cheapest i can find the vision 1 is 74 quid.
All comments welcome and thanks in advance,
Cheers :D .
Scott.
"If i was a slug i don't think i could handle it, i'd just throw myself in the salt pot" -Karl pilkington

Whyte 46, i fall off it alot!!

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Also bear in mind that the newer, more powerful Hopes are out soon...

http://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/c ... dies-14285

:wink:
  • scotttomo
    Damn you mister hope!! Why do you do this when i want lights :x .
    Readin the reviews dirtbiker100 wanna sell me your hope leds :wink:
    "If i was a slug i don't think i could handle it, i'd just throw myself in the salt pot" -Karl pilkington

• dirtbiker100
    dirtbiker100 Posts: 1,997
    yeah :D
    how about that for a timely response? ha ha
    the LED1 isn't out in our local leisure lakes till april i know that. the one thats £80 or so?

I really only use my front hope at the moment for cycling to the pub and back, should have waited till next year.

n.b. i only use it for road cycling as no-one will go off-road with me :( its a stunning light though!
  • scotttomo
    Think the new led 2 would be out of my price range to be honest 189 quid i think it says :shock:
    But i'd definately be interseted if you wanna part with yours & i suppose i can wait till you get another one :wink: . What colour is it? How much? 100 quid :wink: . PM or e-mail me when your thinkin of giving it to me........... erm i mean selling it :wink: .
    Cheers,
    Scott

• dirtbiker100
    dirtbiker100 Posts: 1,997
    Mine is this set here: http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=15050
    I'll take a look at it when I get home and get back to you :)
  • scotttomo
    In the words of the immortal jim bowen super,smashin,great :D
    Nice one mate,might be a bit slow gettin back to you if you post over the weekend as i dont have a comp at home (currently hijack works on nights :lol: ) . so will check how you get on monday.
    Cheers again,
    Scott

• sending a pm shortly...