Think my new chainset is knocking

edwardvarla
edwardvarla Posts: 121
edited January 2008 in Workshop
I have just had a new campag veloce chainset (ultra-torque) fitted, and I have a terrible tinny knocking which I am sure is coming from it. It's definitely not the pedals as I have changed them for ones on my other bike, and there was no knock on my other bike but still was on this bike. The knock always comes when I shift weight from one foot to the other. When I put the bike in the turbo and have the crank at six o'clock I can hold the crank and move it from side to side (I.e. under the BB and out again) and can feel a tapping from the inside. I am sure that they didn't tighten something properly. Anybody got any ideas what might need looking at?

Thanks

Edward

Comments

• Smokin Joe
    Smokin Joe Posts: 2,706
    As you have had it fitted I would stop worrying and go back to the shop to get it sorted, it is their problem not yours. Sorry i can't be of practical help as I have never had a UT chainset, but they have definately done something wrong and messing about with it yourself lays you open to a charge of "It must be something you've done yourself".
  • PhilofCas
    PhilofCas Posts: 1,153
    can't the shop do it for you ?
  • PhilofCas
    PhilofCas Posts: 1,153
    sorry Smoking, wouldn't have posted mine if i'd have seen yours
  • Thought that was the best course of action as well, it's just a bit of a trip so a bit of a pain and was wondering if there were any quick fixes. Oh well, thanks for replying.