AVID

tmg
tmg Posts: 651
edited February 2008 in MTB general
Who's the UK distributor for AVID? Is it Fisher?

Comments

• Andy B
    Andy B Posts: 8,115
    Yup Fisher.
    2385861000_d125abe796_m.jpg
  • tmg
    thanks
  • Mog Uk
    Mog Uk Posts: 964
    This might help...

http://www.sram.com/en/locator/dlocator.php

My bad, that's dealers..... :oops:
  • capoz77
    capoz77 Posts: 503
    Tried to fix my avids last night and the pistons just won't go back far enough for the brakes not to be constantly on.

I'm wondering whether to send them straight back to chain reaction or to fisher (who CRC may send them to anyway)

Ive had no email reply from either of them :(
  • Andy B
    Andy B Posts: 8,115
    With any product you go back to the place of purchase 1st.
    2385861000_d125abe796_m.jpg
  • capoz77 wrote:
    Tried to fix my avids last night and the pistons just won't go back far enough for the brakes not to be constantly on.

I'm wondering whether to send them straight back to chain reaction or to fisher (who CRC may send them to anyway)

Ive had no email reply from either of them :(

Had the same problem on my Juicy 7's, you probably have too much fluid in them.

Easy to fix!

ensure the bleed ports on the levers are at a horizontal angle, undo the bleed port screws then try pushing the pistons back in, you should see a bit of fluid come out. now while keeping the pistons pushed in screw the bleed screw back in.

In effect the sytem will be full of fluid, but pistons will be retracted until you set the pads.
  • tmg
    I had my ultimates sent back to them as they were leaking fluid, got them back now they rub constantly on the outer side. Sent e-mail to Fisher yesterday but as yet no-response.

Will try suggestion above. Thanks