Marzocchi All Mountain Oil Change

Ronstanson
Ronstanson Posts: 178
edited January 2008 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi guys- does anyone know if there's a guide to changing the oil in my 2005 AM SLs? I've got 2 sets and it's coming up to that time when some new oil would make them feel nice again.

Or, can anyone give me clear instructions on how to do it?

The manual's got nothing and I hear it's quite a simple job. I've been inside Psylos before, but other than that forks are new to me.

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    looked on windwaves site? linky in the tech links sticky.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Cheers nick- it gives me the levels but not how to do it.

I presume you just bob the top off each leg, tip them upside down til they're empty and then bob some new oil in, correct?
  • nicklouse
    if you look in the tech links sticky you will see lots of links to servicing/stripping etc of Marz forks. they are all basically the same.

Also have a read of a 2000/2001 marz manual as there is more info in them.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • Aha, got it. Thanks very much nick!

I can use any suspension oil in them can't I? One 7.5wt is the same as another? Assume it's 7.5wt in there- is that a normal weight? I'm only 11 stone and run my forks pretty soft but like a slowish rebound. Nothing on this on the windwave site.
  • nicklouse
    yes and No, some has seal expanders in it. DO NOT USE.

i recomend MOTOEX

7.5wt is the standard oil fitted. if you have no adjusters you could mix some heavier wt oil to the 7.5. (even if you have adjusters).