A Close Shave

bagpusscp
bagpusscp Posts: 2,907
edited January 2008 in The bottom bracket
Whilst riding in to work today. On a traffic island . Watching for traffic coming up slip onto island . See fast moving bus . As always I am riding wide of the kerb . AAAHHHH he is not going to stop. Driver does not make eye contact. Glance over right shoulder . Commence tactical manouver Bravo :!: Glance again at driver, by now I have slammed the brakes on :evil: He sees me :shock: Bus exits slip road onto TI, and heads off into Derby.
Check underpants :? :arrow: Continue to work. 1/2 mile further on pass large school :idea: .Find said Bus . Quietly asked driver if he saw me :?: Sorry mate NO I was looking for traffic :oops: Explained to driver that I am Traffic and he was within inches of a possible fatal RTA .Driver says he is very sorry :oops: Point made :)
bagpuss

Comments

• bagpusscp wrote:
    Whilst riding in to work today. On a traffic island . Watching for traffic coming up slip onto island . See fast moving bus . As always I am riding wide of the kerb . AAAHHHH he is not going to stop. Driver does not make eye contact. Glance over right shoulder . Commence tactical manouver Barvo :!: Glance again at driver, by now I have slammed the brakes on :evil: He sees me :shock: Bus exits slip road onto TI, and heads off into Derby.
    Check underpants :? :arrow: Continue to work. 1/2 mile further on pass large school :idea: .Find said Bus . Quietly asked driver if he saw me :?: Sorry mate NO I was looking for traffic :oops: Explained to driver that I am Traffic and he was within inches of a possible fatal RTA .Driver says he is very sorry :oops: Point made :)

That's always the best way to point it out to drivers... quietly and completely in control. But it's sooooo much easier said than done. Good move! :wink:
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    bagpusscp wrote:
    Whilst riding in to work today. On a traffic island . Watching for traffic coming up slip onto island . See fast moving bus . As always I am riding wide of the kerb . AAAHHHH he is not going to stop. Driver does not make eye contact. Glance over right shoulder . Commence tactical manouver Bravo :!: Glance again at driver, by now I have slammed the brakes on :evil: He sees me :shock: Bus exits slip road onto TI, and heads off into Derby.

Ah yes, make eye contact. Not always easy to do.

Dennis Noward
  • Well done Bagpusscp, pointing out the error of his ways without losing the head is definately the best way to make a point. Pity more people don't have the strength of character to do the same.
  • Nuggs
    Nuggs Posts: 1,804
    Soreknees wrote:
    Well done Bagpusscp, pointing out the error of his ways without losing the head is definately the best way to make a point. Pity more people don't have the strength of character to do the same.
    Agreed - kicking the proverbial poo out of the side of his bus would have felt better in the long run though :P