LOOK 555

Brian1
Brian1 Posts: 595
edited January 2008 in Workshop
I am thinking of buying a new bike and was cosidering the look 555.Has anyone any experience of this model.Is it compact/sloping geometry.Any info grealty appreciatedThanks in advance

Comments

• Brian1 wrote:
    I am thinking of buying a new bike and was cosidering the look 555.Has anyone any experience of this model.Is it compact/sloping geometry.Any info grealty appreciatedThanks in advance

No offence Brian, but if you don't know whether it's compact or sloping I suspect you haven't done any research yourself at all...

Why don't you have a look at their website?

Cheers, Andy
  • Hi Brian type in look 555 review into google,then click on roadbike review.com. This is what i use when i want to find out some info on bikes and wheels and stuff!! Its a website that gives you reviews from people who have bought and tried and tested items.

I have a look 585 and to be perfectly honest its the best bike ive owned,and ive gone through some bikes. Most of the later model looks have a very slight semi compact to the frame,which i like! To me it makes the bike a bit more aggressive and for me better to climb with!! Plus it gives you more of a height variation. The 585 is perfect for racing,sportives as is very stiff but comfortable and very light weighs around 990 grams!! And decends beautifully,so if i was you i would keep your eyes peeled for any 585's on offer or ebay. Im sure ive seen them on offer in cycling weekly,and also seen a couple recently on ebay. Get it bought!!! :D
    Up hup hup hup.....fricking hate that!
  • 4kicks
    4kicks Posts: 549
    There is a story going round that a bunch of modern Looks on EBAY are ones that failed QC and came out the Tunisian factory via the back door. Got this from another website so it may be horse poo, but Caveat Emptor!
    Fitter....healthier....more productive.....
  • Find a dealer and ask to test ride one. Then decide for yourself.
  • morrisje
    morrisje Posts: 507
    Looks are great bikes. I have a KG361 and people I ride with have 565, 461 and 585, all very good. Probably time I upgraded mine. The slightly sloping top tube gives it a modern appearance, i.e. slightly smaller than it really is.

JE James have some greate deals on the 555

http://www.jejamescycles.co.uk/id36858.html
  • I'd be tempted to go for a 585 but it obviously depends on your budget. I have a 585 ultra and love it but it's just one of loads of great frames out there ... one of the best.
  • Brian1
    Brian1 Posts: 595
    Thanks for your input guys.Andrew I have done my research its just that the video clip on the website indicates it is sloping however it didnt look like that in the pictures
    Thanks again
  • Tom Butcher
    Tom Butcher Posts: 3,830
    Aren't they sloping in the smaller sizes and more or less level in the bigger ones ?

it's a hard life if you don't weaken.
  • proto
    proto Posts: 1,483
    Aren't they sloping in the smaller sizes and more or less level in the bigger ones ?

Yes, to a dgree (ho ho). The 585 slopes less than the 555 as you go up in size. Have a look here:

Look 585 Geometry

Look 555 Geometry
  • Tom Butcher
    Tom Butcher Posts: 3,830
    Yes I was thinking of the 565 - what about one of them - bit cheaper than a 585 though you don't see so many about so maybe they don't make them any more.

it's a hard life if you don't weaken.