chainreaction - online shopping

Dizzy the Egg
Dizzy the Egg Posts: 153
edited January 2008 in MTB general
Anyone used these guys before, how are they for delivery speed, customer support, etc?

Cheers

Comments

• Noclue
    Noclue Posts: 503
    Excellent, nothing praise for those guys, also consider merlin and wiggle, between them you're sure to find what you need.
  • Never had any probs with them...quick really! :D

http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/1695431/
  • Noclue wrote:
    Excellent, nothing praise for those guys, also consider merlin and wiggle, between them you're sure to find what you need.

Never used merlin...but yes....wiggle are top dogs too! :lol:

http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/1695431/
  • CRC were really good to me, answered several emails about a set of wheels i bought and they came quick too!
    I love the sound my tyres make on dusty single track!
  • CRC are great. I just had a customer support issue with them and they resolved my issue quickly and generously. Pretty much every order I have ever placed with them has arrived the next day.. don't know how they do it. I can't praise them enough. CRC Rock!!
  • dave_hill
    dave_hill Posts: 3,877
    Anyone used these guys before, how are they for delivery speed, customer support, etc?

Cheers

I've been buying for years from these guys and I only ever once had a problem which they sorted out within 24 hours.

Usually if they have the goods in stock you'll get it next day if you order before 1pm. They're based at Doagh near Belfast and they regularly deliver to me in Lancashire within 24 hours, usually with Royali Snail, too!

Wiggle are OK, but I think CRC knock spots off them.

Never dealt with Merlin

Try All Terrain Cycles too.
    Give a home to a retired Greyhound. Tia Greyhound Rescue
    Help for Heroes
    JayPic
  • yup, used them for the first time last week. very very fast and well packed etc. Recommended.
  • jjojjas
    jjojjas Posts: 346
    spent a few grand with them in the last few years, only ever had one duff air shock sent to me and they upgraded me to the next one up (£60 more) free of charge.
    Nothing but excellent service.
    Jas
    it looks a bit steep to me.....
  • scotttomo
    scotttomo Posts: 531
    crc are the dogs danglies and as above very quick well recommended. Wiggle also v good. merlin bin a bit hit and miss though but thats just my experience. happy shopping go spend all that hard earned lol
    "If i was a slug i don't think i could handle it, i'd just throw myself in the salt pot" -Karl pilkington

Whyte 46, i fall off it alot!!
  • schmako
    schmako Posts: 1,982
    Everything on my Club Roost came from crc! Never had a problem with them.
  • Mr_Orange
    Mr_Orange Posts: 198
    Used CRC once or twice and always had good service. As with others, I would also recommend Merlin.
  • warm18
    warm18 Posts: 341
    ive used merlin for wheels and was sent a great set of wheels quickly. i couldnt find anyone cheaper for wheels. ive used wiggle and crc and both have delivered great products quickly. so i recommend all three
  • Jimbob_no5
    Jimbob_no5 Posts: 1,568
    i ordered a pair of FSA Maximus cranks at £35 from £144 on a wedsnesday morning and it was here on thursday, order before eleven and get it on first class cause its free but its here next day, never had problems with delivery from them
    Pinkbike

I believe in only 2 things in life.
    1) Drink is not my friend
    2) D-Locking cnuts ;)
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,610
    Another vote for CRC, even allowed me to send an unworn jacket back for a full refund, despite the fact I'd cut the tags off.

Usually very fast delivery, I would say 90% of the time.

Wiggle are also a favourite, though don't seem to be as cheap of late somehow.

Dan
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • z000m
    z000m Posts: 544
    crc is the best online bike shop, i had used wiggle and stif for ages before i found it.

evans is kr@p and all
  • llandai
    llandai Posts: 49
    and another vote for crc, everything i've ordered off them has arrived within two days,usually the next day, very fast and free postage..
  • yes there service was great and all delivery's on time.
  • Started using them a couple of months ago, so far 3 orders all delivered next day....excellent.
    'Hello to Jason Isaacs'
  • pete236
    pete236 Posts: 204
    Bought quite a lot from them in the past few weeks. One load took from Wednesday night - the next monday to come, but that did include a few out of stock bits. Most of my bits have come in 2-3 days. Hopefully my lights will be here tomorrow before I have to head out on the commute!
    Will be using them again, especially during the January sales!

One fine day in the middle of the night, two dead men got up to fight. Back to back they faced each other, drew their swords and shot each other.
  • cant speak highly enough of crc,think you'd be pretty safe buying anything from them :D
    Bike obsessed/adrenaline junkie/racer/idiot
    2011 orange crush
    NS surge custom build ( for sale)
    GT power series 24 bmx race bike
    2010 Verde Vex BMX
  • Chaka Ping
    Chaka Ping Posts: 1,451
    It probably doesn't need anybody else to say how good CRC are, but I'm always amazed when I put an order in at 4pm and the naxt day at 10am there's a black-plastic wrapped bundle in my pigeonhole at work.

They should use this thread in their next ad campaign.
  • All of the components for My Attack Trail came from them - not a problem

In fact most of the components for all of my bikes have come from them..

The only thing I won't purchase from them is wheels as I have Merlin for that...

Quick delivery - never a problem - I wouldn't go with anyone else now :wink:
  • dave_s
    dave_s Posts: 4,362
    CRC are the most reliable online shop by miles

I sometimes get things from Wiggle if they're not on CRC and don't find them as fast and they tend to deliver things in aircraft hangar size boxes so sometimes I have to drag myself all the way across Mcr to Trafford Park pick up the item which is a pain (and the main reason I don't order much from them)

I've had wheels from CRC and they've been ok, maybe not as good as Merlin or Stif but they arrive quicker if you need them fast.

CRC also fix the very rare mistakes they make without probs in my experience (in my case the wrong size front mech I was sent), so I've got nothing but praise for CRC really.
    Dave S
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,401
    yep - superb people, and good customer service too
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • ive always had great service from crc. they deliver really quickly and if you need to make returns (my mistake, not theirs!), its done before you know it :D
  • pete236
    pete236 Posts: 204
    Well the first problem with CRC for me has come up. One of the lights I ordered isn't working so looks like I'll be trying out their returns policy!

Talking about wheels, my Mavic crossride UB's came after about 3 days - in a box just the right size with the wheels separated by a temporary axle - brilliant bit of packing!

One fine day in the middle of the night, two dead men got up to fight. Back to back they faced each other, drew their swords and shot each other.
  • CRC are brilliant! I've bought loads of stuff and there's never been anything wrong and the delivery is lightening fast. Oh that every online business was this good.[/b]
  • papasmurf.
    papasmurf. Posts: 2,382
    the only issue with CRC is that their backorder process and out of stock side is feckin shite.
  • Merlin knock spots off both crc and wiggle, cheaper, better discounts, more personal service, website doesnt advertise items not in stock, happier to talk on phone to customers, good returns policy etc etc.

I use them almost exclusively now, having been dicked around by wiggle and losing interest in CRC after not finding any items I happen to want particularly cheap.
    Crushing the symptoms
  • i have to say have been nothing but impressed with crc over the years, used to use woollyhatshop a lot too, they were always good, but havenmt used them so much of late,
    Timmo.
    After all, I am Cornish!
    http://cornwallmtb.kk5.org/
    Cotic Soul, The bike of Legends!:wink: Yes, I Am a bike tart!
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... 1#16297481