Slipstream jersey

drenkrom
drenkrom Posts: 1,062
edited January 2008 in Pro race
The general consensus on this board, when the winner of the Slipstream jersey design contest was announced, was that it wasn't bad and we'd have to wait to see it in the flesh. Is it just me, or is it absolutely awful?

Case in point:
http://tinyurl.com/3cnkh8

And the colour of those frames! Millar must be so happy he won the Nationals.

Is it just me?

Comments

• robbarker
    robbarker Posts: 1,367
    It'll be awful as long as they cling to the Argyle theme.
  • Mog Uk
    Mog Uk Posts: 964
    I have to say it's not bad, I quite like it :oops:
  • Richrd2205
    Richrd2205 Posts: 1,267
    I guess it gives David Millar extra motivation at next year's national champs to win both road & TT in order to stay out of that awful jersey...
    Yes, it's genuinely unpleasant to look at.
    To add insult to injury, my GF, who watches a little cycling, thought it was a redsigned Astana jersey when she saw the pic. So Team Clean look like last year's Team Evil to the uninitiated, hmmmm.
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    What's with the lack of TT bikes on the Team TT?

37Slipstream-start.jpg
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,069
    Cost of flying them to Qatar? I also think ASO invite some national teams from the surrounding countries and to level the playing field a bit all teams have to ride their road bikes.
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    andyp wrote:
    Cost of flying them to Qatar? I also think ASO invite some national teams from the surrounding countries and to level the playing field a bit all teams have to ride their road bikes.

I thought it had summat to do with crosswinds and lack of control on a TT set up.

Shows what I know.
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    drenkrom wrote:
    The general consensus on this board, when the winner of the Slipstream jersey design contest was announced, was that it wasn't bad and we'd have to wait to see it in the flesh. Is it just me, or is it absolutely awful?

Case in point:
    http://tinyurl.com/3cnkh8

And the colour of those frames! Millar must be so happy he won the Nationals.

Is it just me?

Not just you. Pyyyeeeuuwwkk

Strava is not Zen.
  • Mog Uk wrote:
    I have to say it's not bad, I quite like it :oops:

agreed.
  • scwxx77
    scwxx77 Posts: 1,469
    I'd buy and wear a jersey but I'd probably stay well clear of the leg warmers. I don't see what's so bad about Argyle either.

Loads of lovely closeups here.
    Winner: PTP Vuelta 2007 :wink:
  • drenkrom
    drenkrom Posts: 1,062
    As regards the TT bikes in Qatar, the rules of the TTT last year stated it had to be contested using the same bikes as the other stages. The measure was put in place to limit the disadvantage teams such as the Iranian Cycling Federation could be put to for not having equipment sponsors.
  • HungryCol
    HungryCol Posts: 532
    Ruddy aweful
    Every winner has scars.
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    I quite like the slipstream jersey. can't help but wish david millar would avoid riding in the British Champs TT jersey...only bad luck for the late jason mac-who had DM soundly beat-20 seconds up at 5 mile to go, coming from behind by 20secs by all acounts.. gave Millar that jersey :( . but of course, this is life...so DM has the right to make the most of what's given and I am well aware others will be contrary to my opinion...I personally wouldn't ride in it given it is a little hollow...purely down to fate and the man who would have it is no longer here
  • drenkrom wrote:
    As regards the TT bikes in Qatar, the rules of the TTT last year stated it had to be contested using the same bikes as the other stages. The measure was put in place to limit the disadvantage teams such as the Iranian Cycling Federation could be put to for not having equipment sponsors.

Sounds fair.
  • Toks
    Toks Posts: 1,143
    Its ok. I've seen a lot worse