I have tree stumped my rear mech

stubs
stubs Posts: 5,001
edited January 2008 in MTB workshop & tech
I smacked my rear mech and bent the steel tab which stops the mech going too far backwards without the chain on also the alloy stop on the top knuckle which buts up against the tab got a bit mangled. My question is can I keep using the mech (it is a nearly new XT) or does the mangled steel tab and alloy stop affect the action of the gear changing :(
Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    pictures.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • stubs
    Lets pretend I have a friend who doesnt know how to get a picture on to a forum page :oops:
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • nicklouse
    host it somewhere and link to it.

http://my.imageshack.us
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • stubs
    heres the pics I hope

2007c006aa4.th.jpg
    2007c005dg9.th.jpg
    2007c004mu4.th.jpg
  • nicklouse
    bend it straight it is not that bad.

they can be replaced but things do tend to fly all over the place, best opened in a bag!

bend it correct and use until dead.

the picture properties should go between the code or use the thumbnails.

2007c006aa4.jpg