mtb shoes for wide feet

ElShalimo
ElShalimo Posts: 5
edited January 2008 in MTB beginners
hi
I can't find any previous posts with this, apologies if its somewhere already, so here goes:

I'm after some SPD shoes with a wide fit. I've tried Specialized BG Sport MTB as they were recommneded but they're too tight.
Can anyone suggest some wide fitting MTB shoes with a realistic sizing. i.e. size 11 feels like size 11?

Cheers

Comments

• Rykard
    Rykard Posts: 582
    try Northwave - I got some a couple of weeks ago and they seemed really wide.
    Cheers
    Rich

A Vision of a Champion is someone who is bent over, drenched with sweat, at the point of exhaustion, when no one else is watching.
  • I've got fat feet and have found buying a size up from my sneaker size helps. Currently riding in a pair of beaten up pair of Shimano SHMT31 and have no problems widthwise even with a pair of waterproof warm socks on
    As an internet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or cycling helmets approaches one
  • Try sidi dragon 5s, they come in a wide fitting.
    Cycling the Tour D'Afrique in 2012

www.tda2012.com
  • Thanks for your help.

I got some Cannondale Roam in the end. Quite a generous fit and with them being trainer style they aren't as narrow as shoes with velcro fasteners.
  • NEILHEAD
    NEILHEAD Posts: 435
    ElShalimo wrote:
    hi
    I can't find any previous posts with this, apologies if its somewhere already, so here goes:

I'm after some SPD shoes with a wide fit. I've tried Specialized BG Sport MTB as they were recommneded but they're too tight.
    Can anyone suggest some wide fitting MTB shoes with a realistic sizing. i.e. size 11 feels like size 11?

Cheers
    Where abouts are you? my lbs has some really nice addidas spds and I have wide feet.Tried them on last week :D However cant justify another purchase :cry:
    Never trust a man with facial hair.

http://neilhead.pinkbike.com/album/my-bike/
  • hastings
    hastings Posts: 206
    I have fat feet and find that my new northwave kameleon 3 shoes fit really well

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=20570
  • lego
    lego Posts: 769
    A bit late but it might help someone,Cannondale's. I got some in a sale at evans last year and they're a good fit for wide feet. They've got good tread if you happen to do some pushing :oops: .
    I found the shimano's and the specalised ones way to thin even if I went up a size.