Campag Centaur or Chorus?

ClintC
ClintC Posts: 48
edited January 2008 in Workshop
I have recently taken delivery of a new ti road frame and need to put a groupset, amongst other things onto it to make it useful:-).

The dilema i face is do I go for Centaur or stump up the extra bit and opt for Chorus. It is a real head over heart decision as if I go for the cheaper option of Centaur, I will probably regret it forever! But having said that, i have read a few recent reviews that say that Centaur really is very close to Chorus in terms of performance bar a few grams in weight.

I would appreciate any advise or opinions from anyone that has recently gone through the same decision process. i just can't decide.
Ride it like you stole it

Comments

• heavymental
    heavymental Posts: 2,076
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... t=12555625

This might be of interest to you!
  • y tin
    y tin Posts: 102
    I had a similar problem last year between Record or Chorus and opted for the Chorus. Awesome, just as good as Record, negligible diff in weight.

Sorry, haven't tried Centaur but if you can afford it, go for Chorus you won't be disappointed.
    >^..^<
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    y tin wrote:
    Sorry, haven't tried Centaur but if you can afford it, go for Chorus you won't be disappointed.

You wouldn't be disappointed with Centaur either.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • coco2
    coco2 Posts: 44
    go with the heart, you will feel better in the morning.
  • ClintC
    Thanks guys, I think after reading the above thread\link and advise I have decided it is going to be Chorus:-) I just can't carry on being this indecisive as I will never get the bike on the road. Now I just need to make up my mind on the wheelset!
  • Garybee
    Garybee Posts: 815
    Eurus or Shamal :? , there's another week gone deciding that :D .

Hypocrisy is only a bad thing in other people.
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    Garybee wrote:

Or Neutron Ultras
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • ClintC
    So far it is down to Neutron Ultra's or Mavis Kryserium SL's or Campag Eurus :?
  • Garybee
    Garybee Posts: 815
    Garybee wrote:

Or Neutron Ultras

Stop it, you'll make his head explode.

Hypocrisy is only a bad thing in other people.
  • tobciocc
    tobciocc Posts: 276
    Definately Chorus, Centaur is ok but Chorus is quite a big step up.
    Gabba Gabba Hey
  • kenbaxter
    kenbaxter Posts: 1,251
    Chorus. Definitely. Have used both. You will regret it if you don't!

Looks like the Eurus vs Neutron dilemma isn't just mine then!
  • Coyote
    Coyote Posts: 212
    Got both - Chorus!
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    [quote="y tin"]I had a similar problem last year between Record or Chorus and opted for the Chorus. Awesome, just as good as Record, negligible diff in weight.

Sorry, haven't tried Centaur but if you can afford it, go for Chorus you won't be disappointed.[/quote]

Well actually no. Chorus is very very nice (I have both) but Record is quite sublime. They do feel different.
  • tenor
    tenor Posts: 278
    Generally, Centaur, but with Chorus levers to give the multiple shift and trim facili
  • aarw
    aarw Posts: 448
    i went centaur as i was going to be racing it and would be easier on the pocket to replace. if i wasn't racing i would have went chorus or record.

i'd like to change the levers to chorus for the multiple shifting and i've also already upgraded the chainset to chorus....

hell, just go chorus.